We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for a good hotel location.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
206 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for a good hotel location.

Hi

We will be coming from Gettysburg and staying in Philadelphia on the 22nd for 2-3 nights. We are looking for a hotel that would accommodate a family of 5 and has a pool and free breakfast. Price isn't an issue, we want nicer up scale accommodations. Looking for something convienient to things like independence hall And Franklin court. When we are done here we will be driving on to DC.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for a good hotel location.

here's the lowdown on family friendly hotels with details on pools. tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60795-s401/Philadelp…

since price is not a concern, I would suggest that you eliminate the criteria of included free breakfast.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,254 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for a good hotel location.

Of the hotels on that list, the Omni, Wyndham Historic, and Sheraton Society Hill put you closest to Independence National Historical Park.

Regarding Franklin Court, most of it is closed during renovation. The Print Shop is open but currently you enter on Market Street instead of through the courtyard.

Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
656 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for a good hotel location.

If price isn't an option then The Four Seasons

would be my choice. The pool and spa are inside, and they've been wonderful to our

children through out the years.

The Omni is another good choice. Rooftop outdoor pool and great location near Independence Mall.

Wisconsin
Level Contributor
1,084 posts
206 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for a good hotel location.

Hi-

Sorry for the delay in responding, we have been busy with softball/baseball. We will be coming September 22nd, not this month so we will eliminate the rooftop hotel.

The renovation in franklin court, will that still be going on in September?

Thanks for the tips on hotels. I will look into them.

northport, n y
Level Contributor
221 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Looking for a good hotel location.

I am presently staying at the Omni and I can't even tell you how pleased we are with the hotel and location. Franklin court is closed and it looks like it will be o for awhile

6. Re: Looking for a good hotel location.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 June 2014, 05:16