We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mother daughter get away

Greenvale, New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Mother daughter get away

My friend and I would like to take our daughters away for their 35th birthdays at the end of October. We think,Philly is centrally located for us since we are rendezvousing from LOng Island, NJ, and Baltimore. Any suggestions for a spa setting with fitness classes as well?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mother daughter get away

Nothing comes to mind for me in Philadelphia as a spa hotel, although there are lots of day spas.

You might look into Woodloch in the Poconos. I have heard good things about it from friends who go there. http://www.thelodgeatwoodloch.com/

Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mother daughter get away

For spas both Glassbern i nfoglesville,off Route 476 and 22 and Stroudsmoor south of Stroudsburg off route 80 would be closer for the Baltimore people. Not sure about fitness classes at either place. Of the two Glassbern is much smaller and more upscale.

Woodloch is great for what it is, but is more set up for familys

Edited: 11 July 2013, 13:28
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Mother daughter get away

I may be wrong but I thought that the spa area Woodloch Lodge is separate from the family area Woodloch Pines, they do seem to have fitness classes http://www.thelodgeatwoodloch.com/activities/

Edited: 11 July 2013, 14:03
Bangor, Pennsylvania
Destination Expert
for Lancaster
Level Contributor
2,718 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Mother daughter get away

Rocknroll, you are correct. The Spa is at theLodge, which is adults only.Our last visit to Woodloch was over 10 years ago. Either my memory was faulty or the adult only facility was built since then.

Woodloch would be a longer drive for both the Long Island and Baltimore people than the other destinations, but it would certainly be the most all-inclusive experience.

Greenvale, New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Mother daughter get away

Been to wood loch with my husband. Very pretty but not enough to do. Few exercise classes, good cooking class, nice spa. In spring summer fall better

Greenvale, New York
Level Contributor
49 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Mother daughter get away

Yes. Two different properties

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Mother daughter get away

Another idea might be St. Michaels MD Check out this place and see if it is what you are looking for. www.perrycabin.com/web/omic/packages.jsp…

or Canyon Ranch in MA http://www.canyonranch.com/lenox

Edited: 11 July 2013, 22:11
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Mother daughter get away

one more idea!

travelandleisure.com/articles/…6

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,299 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Mother daughter get away

What about the Hershey Resort and Spa (not as convenient but its a nice area that time of year).

For a straight high end spa, there is the Spa at the Rittenhouse Hotel.

There are also a number of decent spas at the AC hotels

Neither of the last two offer fitness that I can think of tho.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Mother daughter get away

I go to Atlantic City for spas, but I don't know if any of the spas have fitness classes.