We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

East coast cities

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
uk
Level Contributor
26 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
East coast cities

I am after some advice, I am planning an 8 day trip to some of the cities on the east coast. I am definitely visiting New York and Washington DC. Due to time restrictions I will only have time to do 1 other city and am stuck between Boston and Philadelphia. Has anybody got any advice on which they would go to? It will probably be for only 2 days.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: East coast cities

Well obviously, we're going to be biased towards Philly! lol

if you were to travel between New York and DC you would likely pass through Philadelphia approximately halfway during your trip. Boston is perhaps four hours north of NYC so that would stretch out your trip somewhat.

If you give us some ideas about what your interests would be, we could tell you how well Philly fits the bill. In the meantime, I would suggest a recent thread here called "Compared to New York". Not that Philadelphians liked to be compared to New York : ) but it does feature some good reasons to come to the city.

Boston is a great city... but I'd strongly encourage you to come see us in Philadelphia.

Tony

Brooklyn, New York
Level Contributor
6,528 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: East coast cities

I live in New York City and highly recommend you visit Philadelphia - rich in America history (and British history ;-) , close-by (only 1 1/2 hours by Amtrak), great museums and restaurants. And as Tony said, right in between NYC and DC.

I think Boston is too far the other direction for this trip.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: East coast cities

I am not dissing Boston at all, because it is a great city, but I love Philly and due to your time constraints, I'd say - visit us here! The other posters cited all the great reasons as to why you should stay in Philly - but if you have any specific questions regarding hotels, restaurants, attractions, etc...more than happy to help! Good luck!

Suzanne

4. Re: East coast cities

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 22:20