We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Gables

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Louisville, KY
Level Contributor
61 posts
86 reviews
Save Topic
The Gables

Thinking of staying at the Gables B & B in University City. The website says it has easy access to public transportation into the city. Would you recommend staying there? Is it really easy to navigate public transportation into the historic district, the Reading Terminal Market, Art Museum, etc.? Should we try to drive in and park? Should we stay near the Historic District? We have 3 nights in Philadelphia.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: The Gables

If you can, I''d stay right within the Center City district, in all honesty. I think you'll find it far more convenient.

That being said, I am guessing that you prefer a B&B/inn atmosphere as opposed to a larger hotel setting. Here are a few centrally located ones in Philly to check out:

La Reserve B&B - this gets great reviews, right near Rittenhouse Square, great central location

Penn's View Inn - nice place, right on Front Street in the historic/Old City district, great restaurant and wine bar attached, some really nice rooms with fireplaces and jacuzzis

Rittenhouse Square B&B - right on Rittenhouse Square, constantly gets awards - pricier than the above 2 options, but if you wanted to splurge, this would be the place in Philly to do it at the B&B level

Tradewinds B&B - Very walkable location at 9th and Lombard - small B&B, reasonable prices; however, they do not take credit cards

Morris House Hotel - gets good reviews here on tripadvisor - good central location on S 8th Street

Hope that helps - I'd check out some websites and see what appeals to you. Good luck and let us know if you need further assistance.

Suzanne

2. Re: The Gables

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 17:16