We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

West Islip, New York
5 posts
Save Topic
Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

My husband, my 6 mo daughter and I will be in Philadelphia for a day. We're driving in Thursday night 8/29 and spending all day Friday between the Independence Mall and also Reading Terminal Market. Are they close by that we can walk and push the stroller? And what hotels would you recommend that is within walking distance, my budget is under $200 and with parking of course. We have not decided if we're leaving late Friday night to Baltimore or just leave Saturday morning.

Any thoughts, recommendation welcomed. Thanks!

West Islip, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

Just to add, we're looking at the Omni hotel/Best Western on one side and Marriott/Hilton Garden Inn closer to Reading Market. We'll probably do Independence Mall in the AM and then walk to Reading Market.

NoCal
Level Contributor
1,879 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

There looks to me a new Hilton Home2Home across the street. The Doubletree is too far. Travelzoo sometimes have some promotions the hotels are running.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
309 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

Both of those hotels are good and as you said, the Omni is closer to the Historic District and the Marriott is closer to the market. If I had to pick one, I would pick the Omni because you would probably not spend as much time in the market. It is definitely doable to walk from one area to another with the stroller if the weather is good. I would also suggest looking into the Lowes Hotel right on Market Street. It would be convenient to both!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,307 posts
859 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

Philadelphia is a very compact city so if you choose the Omni you are only about a 15 minute walk from Reading Terminal Market.

Hotel parking can be pricy so you may want to check this site for nearby lots that have better rates.

http://philadelphia.bestparking.com/

West Islip, New York
5 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

thanks for the input. pookala that parking website is an excellent alternative to $50 valet parking the hotels are charging!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

You can easily walk between Independence Mall and Reading Terminal, so either location will be fine. If all else were equal, I would lean toward the historic area because it's a more interesting neighborhood and, as Phillygal said, you'll spend more time there. But if you get a better rate at one of the hotels near Reading Terminal or if those hotels appeal to you more, you'll be fine there.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,473 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

Another vote for the historic district. Rooms at the Best Western are on the small side. If you'll need space for baby gear then go with the Omni.

8. Re: Hotels close to Reading terminal market and Independence Mal

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 August 2014, 06:19