We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to Philly

Wales
Level Contributor
305 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to Philly

We are Staying in Cherry hill and will be in Philadelphia for 3 nights so have 2 full days.

What is the best way for public transport to get to reading terminal and what should I make my priority to see.

We are on a road trip so next stop will be Lancaster.

We are going the end of September so what will the weather be like.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to Philly

A little confused...are you staying in Cherry Hill NJ or in Philadelphia? Will you have a car?

Wales
Level Contributor
305 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to Philly

We are staying in Cherry Hill but would rather use public transport to get around locally

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to Philly

From Cherry Hill you would be much easier to drive into the city. You can then park the car and walk/use public transit as necessary. for Where to Park, see this link http://philadelphia.bestparking.com/

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,205 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to Philly

Public transit is not a great option from Cherry Hill. You would be better off driving in. why did you choose Cherry Hill for a visit to Philadelphia?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to Philly

If you can change your hotel to one in Philadelphia, that would be optimal. Please see our Where to Stay article here tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60795-c116523/Philad…

Edited: 26 August 2013, 23:11
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,140 posts
683 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to Philly

The PATCO HI-Speed LIne is the best way to get to Phila from Cherry Hill. Buses will take f-o-r-e-v-e-r. It's a reliable safe & fast public transit service with 4 stops in Philadelphia. Here's their website:

http://www.ridepatco.org/

I would get off at the 12/13th St stop for the RTM & head north on 12th St.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,343 posts
112 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to Philly

It also depends on where you are staying in Cherry Hill what the most convenient option is. But as noted, I would stay in the city if Philly is your only destination

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip to Philly

I agree you should stay in Center City Philadelphia. Where will you be before Philadelphia, and where else are you going?

What you should do depends on your interests. Check out the FAQ on things to do for ideas, and post back if you have more specific questions. The FAQs are on the right side of the page on the desktop version, not the mobile version, of TA.

Weather is unpredictable, but typically, the weather is beautiful toward the end of September. I believe Weather Underground is one site that has historical weather info.

www.wunderground.com

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip to Philly

Definitely stay in Center City, which is relatively compact and very pedestrian friendly. If you're on a road trip, just plan to leave the car parked while you're here.

You will enjoy your trip much more. Additionally, you will make better use of your time and perhaps minimize costs.

Edited: 27 August 2013, 04:03
10. Re: Trip to Philly

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 August 2014, 06:20