We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

how often do the septa trains run ?

nanticoke pa.
Level Contributor
194 posts
54 reviews
Save Topic
how often do the septa trains run ?

getting into phila. at 10 am. for a 12:00 amtrak departure. taking a septa from market east station to the 30th st station. just wondering if i will have enough time to catch a septa or take a cab.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,590 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: how often do the septa trains run ?

SEPTA trains run twice an hour, and the trip takes about 22 minutes.The trains stop at Terminals A, B, C&D, and E&F. at roughly 10 and 40 minutes after the hour, depending on which terminal. You buy the ticket on board, cash only. Fare will be no more than $8.00/person. Taxi takes about the same amount of time, cost is about $28.00 + tip.

Here is a link to the SEPTA schedule:

www.septa.org/schedules/rail/pdf/air.pdf

Edited: 30 August 2013, 01:12
Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,542 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: how often do the septa trains run ?

Are you coming in by air? I see you are starting at Market East?

If so, the market frankford line runs every few minutes...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: how often do the septa trains run ?

I'm confused. Where and how are you arriving? Why are you starting at Market East? If you arrive on a train that stops at Market East, the same train will also stop at 30th Street Station, which is the Amtrak station.

During the day on a weekday, Regional Rail trains between Market East and 30th Street Station are frequent, and two hours is way more than enough time to get there. You also would have the subway option, as Loonbeam said.

Mentioned in this post
30th Street Station Philadelphia
30th Street Station...
535 Reviews
Philadelphia, PA
Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,590 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: how often do the septa trains run ?

For some reason I thought the Airport was the starting point. Maybe I should read the entire message before responding

Ok, my guess is he is coming in by bus. There are several trains each hour that run from Market East to 30th. Check the schedule board at Market East and then decide which is the best option, train, or cab.

nanticoke pa.
Level Contributor
194 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: how often do the septa trains run ?

im coming in by bus. (martz) the bus station is on n. 10th & filbert, i need to get from there to the amtrak station for a 12: 00 departure.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,590 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: how often do the septa trains run ?

See reply #4. You can also take the Market-Frankford subway line from either 8th or 11th & Market. You take it westbound (towards 69th Street). Get off at 30th Street, and 30th Street Station is across the street.$2.25 cash fare.7 minute ride. Subways run every 10-15 minutes.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 11:35
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,353 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: how often do the septa trains run ?

Assuming that the bus arrives at 10 and you're out of the station soon afterward, and assuming that it's a weekday, you will have plenty of time to take the train or subway. I see no need for a cab. If you already have your Amtrak ticket, you can ride the Regional Rail trains for free by showing your Amtrak ticket. The Amtrak ticket is not good for the subway fare.

Inside Market East, look for a monitor labeled "Next to 30th Street" or something like that. That will show you the times and track numbers of upcoming trains to 30th Street Station. The ride from Market East to 30th Street is only about 10 minutes.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: how often do the septa trains run ?

If your bus gets in on time, I'd just walk, to be honest. In fact, I'd hit Reading Terminal Market for some goodies to eat on the train on the way. It's a straight shot west about 1.5 mi. and would take the average person about 30 minutes.

9. Re: how often do the septa trains run ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 September 2014, 06:19