We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need help planning perfect 4 hours in Philadelphia

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Need help planning perfect 4 hours in Philadelphia

Need help... A friend from Europe will be visiting for a few hours at the end of April. We are meeting at 30th Street Station, and I want to have a relaxed, intimate few hours with this very special friend. I don't want to cram in a lot, just want a nice place for lunch where we can enjoy the atmosphere and really talk to (and hear) each other, and then maybe a stroll to someplace really pretty or unique and typically Philadelphian. Even though I am from the region, I truly don't even know where to park my car near the station. Can anyone give me suggestions for a seamless afternoon with someone very special?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,133 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Need help planning perfect 4 hours in Philadelphia

One possibility is to go to The Philadelphia Museum of Art's Granite HIll restaurant for lunch. The menu is much improved since Stephen Starr has taken over & it is avery quiet low key dining room where you won't feel rushed. Also a very short cab ride away from 30th St.

After lunch you can then either stroll around the museum or if the weather is beautiful you can stroll the park area behind the museum.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,163 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need help planning perfect 4 hours in Philadelphia

Rittenhouse Square is another option. Lovely area for a stroll and it has several nice restaurants as well. I like Parc for food, ambience, views and good service, though some people say it gets noisy at times.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need help planning perfect 4 hours in Philadelphia

good answers above; parking for 30th street station is located in the Cira Center

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,267 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Need help planning perfect 4 hours in Philadelphia

Consider Water Works restaurant, overlooking the Schuykill River. http://www.thewaterworksrestaurant.com/

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,341 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Need help planning perfect 4 hours in Philadelphia

There is also JG Domestic in the Cira Centre itself, then you could head over to the reading terminal market via Septa for dessert.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,848 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Need help planning perfect 4 hours in Philadelphia

Another vote for Rittenhouse Square and Parc in particular. Enjoy a fantastic meal outside and also stroll around the square. The weather will be perfect that time of year.

Edited: 30 September 2013, 22:42
7. Re: Need help planning perfect 4 hours in Philadelphia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 October 2014, 07:19