We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

City Hall

London, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
58 reviews
Save Topic
City Hall

Does anyone know if you can go up City Hall during the shutdown?

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,021 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: City Hall

I'm going to guess YES because it's not a Federal building...but do you mean UP in the tower only or are you thinking about the whole shebang tour?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: City Hall

the federal govt shutdown does not affect City Hall. Please see this link for info and phone number for reservations. Note that the Plaza area in front of City Hall is currently under construction. phila.gov/virtualch/…visitorinfo.html

Edited: 10 October 2013, 00:34
London, United...
Level Contributor
163 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: City Hall

Ok thanks

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,021 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: City Hall

I need to clarify...we took the whole tour of City Hall, which included going UP in the Tower...and we were allowed only 2 minutes up there (count them, one, two). I was very disappointed. We barely had time to really focus and figure out what we were looking at before we were told we had to go back down.

However, I asked the elevator guy "are you only allowed 2 minutes if you buy a ticket just for the tower?" and was told, no, then you can stay as long as you want.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: City Hall

sounds like the best bet is just the ticket for the tower, not the whole tour, esp while outside is under construction.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
27,021 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: City Hall

Oh, the construction was a non-issue. It didn't really affect the tour itself. You just couldn't enter or leave the premises from that one side. I was just disappointed about the short time up in the tower, and it's just luck of the draw what tour guides you get, as anyplace. Some are good, some not.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,288 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: City Hall

City Hall is an amazing building with some magnificent intereriors, and covered with symbolic sculpture. The tour is well worth it, regardless of how much time you spend in the clock tower. I highly recommend it.

Edited: 10 October 2013, 04:43
8. Re: City Hall

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2014, 06:21