We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Italian Restaurants

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
38 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Italian Restaurants

Great Italian restaurant in Philadelphia. Will be spending the weekend in Philly next month. Looking for a really good restaurant.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Italian Restaurants

What is your idea of a great Italian restaurant? Are you looking for something traditional (red sauce/gravy) or something more upscale? How much pp to you want to spend (before tax, drinks and tip)?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,088 posts
579 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Italian Restaurants

My other question would be are you interested in a restaurant with a bar or is a Byob acceptable?

Doylestown...
Level Contributor
1,174 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Italian Restaurants

On the higher end of the cost scale, Vetri can't be beat, IMO. Great place for a special night out. I'm less enamored of his Osteria.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,198 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Italian Restaurants

My family really enjoys Core de Roma on the 200 block of South St. http://www.corederoma.us/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
103 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Italian Restaurants

Le Virtu on Passyunk Avenue is Abruzze-style Italian, not a lot of red sauce, excellent cooking and a good wine selection.

K D
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
6 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Italian Restaurants

Amis is amazing and is my favorite, but it's a little more expensive and crowded

Osteria

I've heard VERY good things about Il Pitture on Sansom Street

Villa di roma is in the Italian Market and has AMAZING meatballs if you want something more low key

Dante and Luigi's is good

Pesto on Broad--has a bar AND is BYO

Le Virtu

7. Re: Italian Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2014, 04:17