We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
17 posts
73 reviews
Save Topic
1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

Hello! My husband and I are celebrating our 19 year wedding anniversary and want to spend two days in Philly, Nov 30 - Dec 1. We are looking at the Ritz because it looks centrally located, I think? We want to see the "Italian Market" (right?) saturday morning, and just explore a bit. We love meandering and getting "lost". We would love a great place for dinner (not too uptight atmosphere, but really really great food!), suggestions for Sunday lunch and activities. My husband does love Ben Franklin and history, I love art and theatre. A spa perhaps too? Is the Ritz spa awesome? Museums are not really in our scope, because we love to go with our kids. We have been to Philly a few times, but still do not feel like we know what we are doing. We are Chicago transplants living in central PA.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

The Ritz-Carlton is very centrally located, but Center City is compact and easy to get around, so I think other locations could work for you, too. You might want to also look at the Rittenhouse Hotel. The Ritz-Carlton and the Rittenhouse are both luxury hotels in Center City, but the locations have different vibes. The Ritz-Carlton is on the busy Avenue of Arts. The Rittenhouse overlooks the lovely Rittenhouse Square park in a charming neighborhood that I think is a little better suited for wandering around. Both are convenient to restaurants, shops, and transit, though the Ritz-Carlton does have the edge on proximity to transit lines.

It would help the restaurant experts make recommendations if you told us what type of cuisine you like and how much you want to spend per person before drinks, tax, and tip. You can also look at the FAQs on favorite restaurants and things to do. The FAQs are on the right side of the page on the desktop version, not the mobile version, of TA.

Edited: 23 November 2013, 16:16
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

here is a list of performance venues, you can check to see whether there is anything that interests you for those dates tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i20641-Performi…

The Italian Market is a little off the beaten path ...is no longer exclusively Italian. Some others ideas closer are Reading Terminal Market and a stop at DiBruno's gourmet store on Chestnut Street.

For an anniversary dinner I might suggest Alma de Cuba.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,809 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

I just looked up the Ritz spa and one thing it lacks is indoor pool areas. It's just treatments.

Might I suggest you also look at the Four Seasons for your stay? The spa has a wonderful indoor pool, very relaxing, would be very nice on a cold winter's day.

The restaurant is also very good - not the trendiest but certainly worthwhile.

And while you say you like to go to museums with your kids, I think the Barnes Foundation collection might be something you would prefer to do without them - it's not really a "kid friendly" museum, and it's a short walk from the Four Seasons.

And the Four Seasons is also right on the Phlash route which takes you directly down to the Historic area (or to the Art Museum in the other direction). If your husband likes Ben Franklin he would love his eponymous museum in the historic area.

Just another alternative you might not have considered.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,840 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

The Phlash does not run this time of the year.

Eugene, Oregon
Level Contributor
26,809 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

Oh well. Still can get around on regular buses.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

I recently had an excellent massage at the Ritz. Ask for Jimmy.

The Second Bank of the United States now houses a portrait gallery of the movers and shakers from Philly's Colonial through Federalist eras. Great combination of art and history. http://www.nps.gov/inde/second-bank.htm

Here's a link to building hours for the numerous Park sites. nps.gov/inde/…nov-dec-2013-1.pdf

Lynn

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

In the historic area, I would recommend a visit to Christ Church. A beautiful church with lots of history. I visited recently and was surprised how interesting it was. http://www.christchurchphila.org/

8. Re: 1 night 2 days anniversary weekend

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 November 2014, 05:18