We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way for a group of 10-15 to travel from JFK to Philly?

Iceland
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Best way for a group of 10-15 to travel from JFK to Philly?

I’m going to the 76ers basketball camp this summer with a team of 10-15 teenagers. We are traveling from abroad and the closest airport we can fly to is JFK. I need to find a good way to travel from the airport to Philadelphia and back. The best way is probably to have a mini bus pick us up – any suggestions about websites that offer that kind of service? And what about public transport? I have been trying to find ways to go there with a bus or a train but it all seems to take a lot of time (according to google maps it is only around 2 hours’ drive).

West Windsor...
Destination Expert
for Newark, New Jersey, Binghamton
Level Contributor
11,455 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way for a group of 10-15 to travel from JFK to Philly?

Are the 76ers really the team you want teaching your kids basketball? :-) all kidding aside contact Dave's best. They specialize in runs between Philly and JJFK

Edited: 28 January 2014, 19:52
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way for a group of 10-15 to travel from JFK to Philly?

the driving time will depend mostly on traffic conditions, which can add significant time to the trip

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way for a group of 10-15 to travel from JFK to Philly?

Two hours by van is very optimistic. I would expect it to take closer to three hours, and I would allow a much bigger cushion of time for getting to the airport for the return flight. You could get lucky with traffic, but it's also possible to have significant traffic delays.

To travel by train, you would have to take the New York subway or Long Island Rail Road to Penn Station in New York. Then you could take Amtrak from Penn Station to Philadelphia. The lowest Amtrak fare is typically $39 per person. To get that fare, you have to buy in advance. Fares rise as more tickets for a given train are sold, and there's an advance-purchase discount that you lose if you buy within two weeks of traveling. Amtrak takes about an hour and a half.

www.amtrak.com

There's also a less expensive way to go by train, but it takes longer and requires a change of trains.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,171 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way for a group of 10-15 to travel from JFK to Philly?

With that many people a van service will be pretty reasonable on a per person basis. Depending on time, I suspect it would be around $300 or $20-$30 pp plus tip. Dave's Best would be my first call.

Iceland
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way for a group of 10-15 to travel from JFK to Philly?

He he :) Thank you, for your reply!

Iceland
Level Contributor
18 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way for a group of 10-15 to travel from JFK to Philly?

Thank you!

7. Re: Best way for a group of 10-15 to travel from JFK to Philly?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 January 2015, 06:20