We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sights w/ 7-month old

Boston
3 posts
Save Topic
Sights w/ 7-month old

We're heading to Philly next week with our 7 mo. old baby. Would folks recommend the Please Touch Museum for us? Or any other activities?

As context, he enjoys zoos/aquariums... art museums, not so much. The Children's Museum by us is geared for preschoolers with a very small section for noncrawlers, so there's not much for him there.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sights w/ 7-month old

Please Touch is great, but I don't think there's much there for a baby who's too young to crawl. It's more for preschoolers and younger school-age kids.

I think the Philadelphia Zoo and the Adventure Aquarium in Camden would be the most interesting attractions for your child. You can also take him to any of the attractions that interest you.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,228 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sights w/ 7-month old

I'd agree the Zoo and Aquarium are best bets. Let the weather be your guide. If you had to do a museum, maybe Natural History - even 7 month olds seem to like dinosaurs

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sights w/ 7-month old

I would come back and do the Please Touch when you child is older and can get more out of the experience. The Please Touch is pretty expensive, and there will not be much for the parents to enjoy, so I don't think it would be worth it.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sights w/ 7-month old

At 7 months my kids were pretty much going where I wanted to go, especially the Art Museum because it is very baby-friendly. Both my kids liked going to the Reading Terminal Market when it wasn't too crowded (i.e. not lunchtime.) Also, on a nice day strolling in Independence National Historical Park is lovely. Lots of green space, the Magnolia Garden, and the Jefferson Rose Garden.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,208 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Sights w/ 7-month old

I realize next week will be too early for the rose garden.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,228 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Sights w/ 7-month old

Oh and if the weather is nice there is the carousel at Franklin Square...

7. Re: Sights w/ 7-month old

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 March 2015, 06:15