We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

affordable hotel recommendation near transportation

Falls Church...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
affordable hotel recommendation near transportation

I'm planning to drive to Philadelphia and will be doing genealogy research at City Hall and the historical society in midtown on a Thurs and Friday and then staying in Plymouth Meeting Friday night for a reunion on Sat. In order to keep my hotel costs down (and I'll also need to park the car), I'm wondering if there might be somewhere I could stay outside of the city Thurs night with easy access to transportation to midtown.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,750 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: affordable hotel recommendation near transportation

It is generally advised to stay in Center City. The time lost in commuting as well as tolls and parking fees do not seem to justify staying in the suburbs. In fact, it may end up costing you more.

Hotel rates vary quite significantly based on dates. When is your trip? What is your budget?

Edited: 02 April 2014, 05:05
Falls Church...
Level Contributor
49 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: affordable hotel recommendation near transportation

$150. I need clean and safe, not fancy. And a place to park the car.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: affordable hotel recommendation near transportation

A hotel that costs $150 one night could be $300 another night. No one can help you find anything within your budget unless you tell us the date.

I would stay in Center City so you can experience the city and not have to deal with the hassle of commuting. But if you're going to stay outside the city, why not just spend both nights in the same hotel in Plymouth Meeting? You can drive into the city or drive to a train station.

To find parking in the city, check out Best Parking: philadelphia.bestparking.com

4. Re: affordable hotel recommendation near transportation

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 April 2015, 06:16