We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

Are there any "outlying perimeter" hotels that offer shuttle service into the main downtown area or have HOHO bus pickups or stops nearby???

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

It is strongly recommended to stay in Center City, or downtown Philly. Read this post about where to stay:

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60795-c116523/Philad…

Hotel prices vary widely based on dates. Philly hosts numerous conferences and prices typically increase during those times.

Edited: 12 May 2014, 05:36
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

I'm not aware of any hotels that offer free shutttles. Suburban hotels would be quite a distance from City Center and are not serviced by the HOHO bus which runs only in Center City.

Here is a Where to Stay guide tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60795-c116523/Philad…

Here is a link to the HOHO bus map …bigbustours.com/UploadedFiles/Philadelphia_…

What is your reason for wanting a suburban hotel location?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

i read your post on the hoboken forum. You are planning to visit Philadelphia,new York city and Boston and planning the rent aCar to drive between these cities. You are trying to find hotels that offer cheaper parking. I would recommend that you abandon the idea of driving between these cities and use train service instead, you will save the cost of car rental, gas , tolls and parking. You can then stay in the central arras of the cities that you want to visit.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

I agree with Rocknroll. A car is an expensive burden in Philadelphia, New York, and Boston. Forget the car, take Amtrak, and stay in the cities you want to visit.

Level Contributor
63 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

I appreciate the recommendations to use Amtrak ... and under other circumstances I probably would. We are on a 3 week driving trip from JAX to BUF (doing a rental car relocation) visiting relatives along the way. My reasons for trying to find hotels out of the city centers is to minimize the daily expenses. Most city center hotels are $250+++ and, when adding on the taxes and parking fees, that jumps to $350 or more ... out of our budget.

Edited: 13 May 2014, 01:09
Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,047 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

You can find garages in Philly near most hotels in the $18-24 range per night (no in and out). Can't do much about the rates, but check sites like Priceline and hotwire, you should be able to beat $250 unless there is a convention or event in town.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

What are your dates and budget?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

Check the Wayne Hotel for your dates. It is walkable to the regional rail train station to Center City and has free parking. see discussion on this thread tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60795-i113-k73141…

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,685 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

For the best parking rates, avoid parking at the hotel. Instead, check Best Parking:

http://philadelphia.bestparking.com/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,056 posts
528 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Outlying Hotels and Shuttles

I have had great success in using Hotwire to book hotels in Boston, New York and Washington DC.

My recommendation is to always search for 4 star & above listings & get insurance in case of cancellation. Usually the further in advance you book the better the deal. Most bookings end up costing between $110 and $180 per night for accommodations like The Westin or a well run boutique hotel like The Melrose in Washington.