We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Newark Airport train station closed through July

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,938 posts
Save Topic
Newark Airport train station closed through July

I know most people in Philadelphia and travelers to the city use PHL, but for those who are going in or out of Newark (I use EWR from time to time), I thought I'd give a heads up that Newark Airport train station is closed for the next couple of months as they repair the monorail. In its place, they are running a shuttle bus from Newark Penn station; just buy Amtrak or NJTransit tickets to the Airport station as normal and factor in extra time for the shuttle.

There are details, including information on the shuttle bus, at the NJTransit website, and there's a threat in the New York forum on the topic: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g60763-i5-k7353351…

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
6,237 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Newark Airport train station closed through July

It was announced on the train yesterday that the Newark Airport station would reopen on July 15th. Let's see if they really make that date.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Newark Airport train station closed through July

Thanks for the update.

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Newark Airport train station closed through July

Thanks for the heads up. We fly out of Newark on July 4th and sometimes take the train.

4. Re: Newark Airport train station closed through July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 June 2015, 07:16