We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Questions for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Questions for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

I'm planning on booking July 4th weekend stay at the Hampton Inn Convention Center. I have serveral questions:

1. Is this hotel suitable for 2 pre-schoolers (5 yrs & 4 yrs old)?

2. How much is parking at the hotel? I heard it was $25 for the parkiing lot across the street. Is that $25 for the whole stay or $25 / per night? I walk with a cane and wondering if it is a difficult walk from this parking lot.

3. Are there any conventions or big events going on the July 4th weekend near this hotel? Mainly because this hotel caters toward the convention center crowd.

4. Is there a indoor or outdoor pool?

5. How far is this hotel from Please Touch Museum and Philly Zoo? How far to Reading Terminal Market?

6. Any other attractions near this hotel for the 2 kiddies?

Thanks in advance.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,698 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Questions for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

While any area in Center City would work, the Convention Center would not be my first pick. Take a look at hotels in these areas:

Historic District / Old City

Midtown

Rittenhouse Square

I would recommend "BestParking.com" to find the cheapest parking nearby your hotel.

Edited: 19 May 2014, 05:56
Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Questions for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

1. Sure, it's fine for kids. Why wouldn't it be?

2. Parking was around $25 per night when I stayed at that Hampton Inn three years ago. (For the exact rate, check the hotel's Web site or call.) Best Parking can show you alternatives, but that's not a bad rate. The lot is about half a block from the entrance to the hotel.

3. July 4 is a big event in Philadelphia and attracts big crowds to the city.

4. The pool is indoors.

5. The zoo and Please Touch are far enough from Center City that you need to drive or take a bus. Reading Terminal is a couple of blocks from the hotel.

Although there are more interesting locations, I thought this Hampton Inn was a good hotel and a good value when I stayed there.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Questions for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i20380-Philadel…

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g60795-s401/Philadelp…

Please see above links for kids activities and family friendly hotels

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
24 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Questions for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

Thank you all for your advice. I'm considering this hotel because I found a good rate.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,105 posts
91 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Questions for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

The only issue I have with the convention center area is that after business/dinner hours, it gets fairly empty compared to some of the other areas, and also picks up a higher level of homeless. While it does not make the area unsafe, it does make some people uncomfortable

Since you will be here on July 4th, I expect things to be pretty busy pretty late, even if not at the center. I also expect lots to charge premium rates the entire event period.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,180 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Questions for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

With kids that young I'd stay in the historic district (Old City + Society Hill) and take them to the Franklin Court Print shop, the Betsy Ross House, and stroll through Independence National Historical Park, with its numerous lawns and gardens.

7. Re: Questions for Hampton Inn Philadelphia Convention Center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 May 2015, 07:24