We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Philadelphia hotel

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Philadelphia hotel

I'm looking for a really nice hotel in Philadelphia centre for 2 nights in June. Willing to spend about $200-$230 a night. I'm looking at the Ritz-Carlton but not sure how nice this is. Some reviews seem to be quite negative. Does anyone have a top 2 hotels in Philly? Thanks!

Indianapolis
Level Contributor
819 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Philadelphia hotel

Used to travel to Philly for work and conferences at the University of Penn. but circumstances allowed me to stay at different properties. My 2 favorite were Le Meridien and the Best Western Plus Independence Park. They both are unique(not cookie cutter) and even though BW is a huge chain and often thought of as a lower level hotel the boutique style and location of this one was really nice.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Philadelphia hotel

It might help to know what your plans our so we could suggest the best location.

The Four Seasons is one of the top 2 hotels, however, its location may not be what you are looking for. Without knowing more about your plans, that's what I would suggest though. Also it would help to know what you are looking for in your hotel experience.

Edited: 20 May 2014, 18:39
Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Philadelphia hotel

Just doing some sight seeing. Its my first time there so will be out and about all day but want somewhere that feels a bit special and luxurious to come back to. Will be slumming it a bit the rest of the trip so Philly is a splurge for a nice romantic hotel. Open to locations within the city. I'm looking for some luxury really but some reviews have made me unsure which hotel would be best.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,272 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Philadelphia hotel

The Monaco is nice and located right near the Historic District, so that might be a good option.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Philadelphia hotel

I haven't stayed at the Ritz-Carlton, but the public areas and the service in those areas are very nice. The location is very convenient because it's central and it's practically on top of good transit links.

The Four Seasons and the Rittenhouse are the other luxury hotels in the same class as the Ritz-Carlton.

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,234 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Philadelphia hotel

The Omni in Old City is very nice with a great location.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Philadelphia hotel

Hotel Monaco.

Philadelphia...
4 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Philadelphia hotel

The Hotel Monaco, a Kimpton Hotel, is one of the newer hotels in the city and offers luxury accommodations in a stunning environment. It is located in the heart of Philadelphia's historic Independence Mall with quick access to Independence Hall, the Constitution Center, the Liberty Bell, the American Jewish Museum, and the Independence Visitor's Center, among other local attractions.

In the same area, the Omni Hotel offers European-style amenities overlooking Independence National Historic Park.

If you're looking for a stay in a more bustling area of the city close to nightlife, shopping, and fine dining restaurants, I would recommend the Hotel Palomar, also a Kimpton hotel, located at 17th St and Sansom St, or the Sofitel, which is directly across 17th street.

You can hobnob with the best of Philadelphia culture in Rittenhouse Square, a neighborhood defined by the well-to-do, the Who's Who, and all that goes along with the lifestyle. The area is in close proximity to the Palomar and the Sofitel, but to get the genuine Rittenhouse Square experience, I would recommend the Rittenhouse Hotel, ranked one of the best places to stay in the world.

Finally, if you're looking for a more artistically significant visit, the Four Seasons hotel, located on 18th street at the Benjamin Franklin Parkway, offers five star services on which it has built its reputation. This location is within walking distance to the city's museums and some of the most scenic views Philadelphia has to offer. The Philadelphia Museum of Art, the Rosenbach Museum, the Rodin Museum, the Barnes Foundation, and -if you're willing to take a bit of a hike or hop in a cab- The University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology.

Feel free to contact me about any questions you may have about Philadelphia.

Bastien, Concierge

Edited: 21 May 2014, 15:51
Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
299 posts
70 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Philadelphia hotel

We have stayed at all of the hotels mentioned and I would go with the Hotel Monaco or the Palomar. Hotel Monaco if you are more into the historical sites or the Palomar if you are interested in shopping and dining. Hope this helps!

Dublin, Ireland
Level Contributor
48 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Philadelphia hotel

So you would recommend the Kimpton hotels over the Ritz Carlton for luxury?