We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phila in 2 wks Massage for hubby recommendation please

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Phila in 2 wks Massage for hubby recommendation please

Fellow TA members:

We will be in Philadelphia in 2 weeks and would like to schedule my husband a massage while our daughter and I attend a book signing at the free library. We are staying in Midtown Holiday Inn Express. I am looking for recommendations for a massage studio or day spa that is within walking distance. He has only had a few massages and so will need to feel pretty comfortable and guided, ie (robe, shower, complimentary beverages, etc. )

We are also healthy eaters, organic, vegetarian, etc. Do you have restaurants close by this same area? Does not need to be fancy at all, just trying to eat healthier as we get older. Perhaps a good Thai restaurant.

Can anyone help me with suggestions. Thank you Trip Adviser contributors!

Happy Travels to all!

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Phila in 2 wks Massage for hubby recommendation please

I can't help with the massage

As for vegetarian restaurants I can recommend Vedge (vegan fine dining near your hotel) and Hip City Veg (fast food counter near Rittenhouse Square.

Plenty of restaurants in Philadelphia are vegetarian friendly. You might take a look at some of the restaurants along 13th street, like Sampan (Asian small plates) and IndeBlue (modern Indian).

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Phila in 2 wks Massage for hubby recommendation please

New Harmony (135 N. 9th St.) is an excellent and inexpensive vegetarian restaurant in Chinatown, which is within walking distance. In fact, the majority of Center City or "downtown" Philly is very pedestrian friendly and easily reached.

Another option is Maoz, which is a vegetarian chain restaurant serving falafel. There is a location in Midtown on 11th and Walnut. Here is a useful link:

maozusa.com/restaurants/…philadelphia

Edited: 05 June 2014, 20:39
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,680 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Phila in 2 wks Massage for hubby recommendation please

Vedge is excellent! It is perfect for an upscale dining experience. Be sure to make a reservation. You can do this through Open Table or directly through the restaurant.

Edited: 05 June 2014, 20:41
Ohio
Level Contributor
68 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Phila in 2 wks Massage for hubby recommendation please

Thank you for the yummy restaurant recommendations :) !

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
7,946 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Phila in 2 wks Massage for hubby recommendation please

What's your budget on the Massage? Rescue Rittenhouse is quite good, but pricey. My only complaint is some of them do a hard sell with the add-ons and products. 60 mins basic swedish will set you back $110 plus tax and tip.

6. Re: Phila in 2 wks Massage for hubby recommendation please

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2015, 05:16
Get answers to your questions about Philadelphia