We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kimmel center

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Springfield...
Level Contributor
198 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Kimmel center

We are considering going to see the Beatles tribute at the Kimmel center...I just wanted to know about the seating. I think I read somewhere that certain areas are accessed by elevator. Just wondering what areas we can get to by just doing the stairs. I think what I read was that to get to certain sections you had to use a small elevator...I can't do elevators and esp ones that are small. I just don't want to buy tickets in a section that I can't get to by using the stairs. Thanks...I know this might sound like a weird question...sorry.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,052 posts
503 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kimmel center

All levels & seating are accessible by stairs. You do not have to use an elevator as far as I know.

To double check I would send an inquiry directly

Email: patronservices@ticketphiladelphia.org

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,003 posts
92 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Kimmel center

There are a couple of side boxes that are elevator only, I think (The Proscenium boxes at the Academy of Music). They are not used for a lot of shows anyway.

If the venue is Verizon Hall, I am pretty sure about all stair access. Not one hundred percent on Perleman, the Merriam or Forrest (I assume the latter two, since they were designed before elevators were as common)

Flushing, New York
Level Contributor
5,406 posts
71 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Kimmel center

I am amazed that the building/fire codes would allow egress only by elevator. This certainly would not be legal in NYC.

4. Re: Kimmel center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 June 2014, 13:39
Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
125 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Kimmel center

I agree with pookala, your best bet is to contact the venue for a question like this. http://www.kimmelcenter.org/contact/

6. Re: Kimmel center

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2015, 06:16