We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

father/son baseball trip - hotel recommendations

Ottawa
Level Contributor
53 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
father/son baseball trip - hotel recommendations

My son and I have an annual father/son baseball trip. This year we are heading from Ottawa Canada to Philadelphia and Baltimore to catch two afternoon games on Saturday June 28th (Philly at 2:05) and Sunday June 29th (Baltimore at 1:35). We will be driving to Philadelphia from Scranton, PA (where we see a AAA game on Friday night) on Saturday morning and would like to get a Philadelphia hotel recommendation to stay overnight and (ideally) be well located for "easy" public transportation to Citizens Bank park (nice to arrive there by noon) and if possible an "easy" exit from town to drive to Camden Yards on Sunday morning. I am looking for hotel recommendations to fit the above criteria as I would like to avoid having to take my car to the ballpark and would also like to save some $$ for a hotel a bit outside of the downtown/old town area. Ideally we would visit sites Saturday evening after the game and return to our hotel mid-late evening.

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,443 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: father/son baseball trip - hotel recommendations

Two notes about Ballpark food - one, Bull's BBQ is pretty decent but go early before the lines go insane. Two, if you want chickie and petes crab fries, get them at chickie and petes, the insane line + ballpark pricing makes them a poor use of time.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: father/son baseball trip - hotel recommendations

Great thread, it's been insightful and helpful!

13. Re: father/son baseball trip - hotel recommendations

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 June 2015, 05:16