We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Coming in for 4th of July

nj
Level Contributor
731 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Coming in for 4th of July

I am coming in to celebrate 4th of July with my daughter and wife. I plan to take her to the zoo first thing in the morning. Afterwards I was hoping to find a good restaurant with a parking lot or a good neighorhood where it is likely i will find street parking. Any suggestions on which neighborhood would be my best bet or restaurant? Would be nice if i can find a restaurant.com GC too. I plan on parking at the hotel afterwards @ the embassy suites airport and taking the train to the fireworks. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

nj
Level Contributor
731 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Coming in for 4th of July

What is the cross st on MLK i should aim to get to? So i can try and figure how to get there via public trans

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Coming in for 4th of July

I actually think it will be easier to get there by driving. Please see attached link to map of West Fairmount Park to see parking areas. fairmountparkconservancy.org/downloads/FPMap…

I think people also just pull off to the side of the roadway as well.

Edited: 03 July 2014, 18:09
nj
Level Contributor
731 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Coming in for 4th of July

Thanks. Ill consider that.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Coming in for 4th of July

also- they are calling for rain tomorrow. check local websites and radio stations for possibility of weather cancellations.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
8,916 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Coming in for 4th of July

There is no public transit on MLK.

nj
Level Contributor
731 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Coming in for 4th of July

Website says rain or shine

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: Coming in for 4th of July

curious what you decided to do for the fireworks and how it worked out. also how did you like your cheesesteak at chubbys?

18. Re: Coming in for 4th of July

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2015, 06:16