We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

Bowie, Maryland
Level Contributor
12 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

I already have a game ticket. What things should I definitely check out while there? Any food or drink items that I should definitely partake of? Thanks for any advice!

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,443 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

Depends on your preferences. I love Bull's BBQ, some people love the Schmitter, I find it gross in terms of food.

Do take some time to walk around the stadium, check out the upper and lower decks.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

Chickie and Pete's for the "crab fries"

Tony Lukes for cheesesteak

Cherry Hill, NJ
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
8,443 posts
116 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

I'll be honest, I don't think the line for the crab fries is worth the product. That said, with the Phils on-field performance, the line may be somewhat reduced...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
1,176 posts
748 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

…eater.com/archives/2013/03/29/what-to-eat-a…

I also like Bulls BBQ, and am partial to the pork & provolone at Tony Lukes & the chicken from Federal Donuts.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
1,982 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

Here are new food options this season:

mobile.philly.com/blogs/…

Edited: 10 July 2014, 04:03
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,174 posts
778 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

Lots of great choices! Will be tough to decide!!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
444 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

Food very expensive and other than the specialty restaurants in the outfield, limited. We have enjoyed the 50-50 Raffle this year. 3 chances for $5.00 and you can watch the pot grow on the Jumbotron as the game progresses. The final number is thousands of dollars, split between the winner and a different charity every night... I'm not usually much of a gambler but with the charity involvement I think this is a good thing...

TG

Ardsley, PA
Level Contributor
103 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

Some features of the stadium I think worth checking out include, the Wall of Fame in Ashbourne Alley in Right-Center field. The view of the visitors bullpen is good and you might check-out someone warming up (the Phillies bullpen is on the lower level and not particularly viewable). If you're a Phillies fan or a fan of baseball in general, there is a trivia game by the Right Field Gate and the kids may enjoy the Phanatic Run the Bases Game on the other side of Bulls BBQ also near the Right Field Gate. Younger Children may enjoy the Phanatic Fun Zone by 1st Base Gate - Basically a large climbing structure - though it may get hot in there in August.

As for food, it's pricey in the stadium no matter how you slice and dice it. A cheesesteak from Ashbourne Alley (and I agree with Tony Lukes being the better), I'm also partial to the crab fries. Bulls BBQ is also a good choice. If it's hot the Turkey Hill stand in Center Field has Phillies Grahm Slam ice cream which is my favorite.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

I was at the ballpark on Saturday and wished I had tried the food at Federal Donuts. It looks like they offer the same prices as in their other stores- not inflated ballpark prices!

Cincinnati, OH
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Citizens Bank Park: Must see or do there during a game?

Best food can be found in the outfield concourse. Ashburn Alley I think is what they called it. Chickie and Pete's crab fries, Bull's BBQ (owned by former Phillies player I think), and there was a place called either 'The Burger Shack' or the 'Shake Shack' which was really good. For cheesesteaks, don't eat one at the ballpark. Go to either Pat's or Geno's in the city. They are across the street from one another.