We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pubs near the Hilton Inn At Penn

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
413 reviews
Save Topic
Pubs near the Hilton Inn At Penn

Haven't been in this area of the city for quite some time. Looking for a good beer and sandwich place near the hotel. We're heading out to the Yes show at the Tower on Saturday and I'm done with trying to find a decent place near the theater. One doesn't exist. Staying at the Hilton and cabbing it to the show.

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,856 posts
127 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pubs near the Hilton Inn At Penn

City Tap House is a few blocks up and has a large selection of beers and the kitchen serves good food. Closer to the hotel is Baby Blues BBQ, I have had their sandwiches takeout and they are good. I think that they also may serve beer. There is also the Mad Mex near the hotel, which serves burritos and craft beer. If you were willing to go a bit farther afield, I'd recommend Local 44 http://www.local44beerbar.com/

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pubs near the Hilton Inn At Penn

I agree that City Tap House is good, though be prepared for slow service. A couple of other options:

New Deck Tavern, http://newdecktavern.com

Landmark Americana, www.landmarkamericana.com

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pubs near the Hilton Inn At Penn

Thanks for all the recommendations. If one doesn't meet our eye we can head down the street to the next place. We'll be down there in plenty of time, so having laid back service (sounds better than slow) shouldn't be an issue.

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Pubs near the Hilton Inn At Penn

"Laid back service" is a nice way to put it!

Newtown, PA
Level Contributor
3,535 posts
413 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Pubs near the Hilton Inn At Penn

We ate at the City Tap House and everything was good. We sat at the bar and the service was prompt. We did stop in at the New Deck Tavern before grabbing a cab to the show. We liked that little stretch of restaurants on Sansom, very nice.

The Inn at Penn was a fantastic hotel, worthy of its high rating on TA. They didn't have our reservation, but found it after 20 minutes. I had booked it on Priceline for $112, but it turns out our room was listed under another name. Not only were we given complimentary breakfast buffet vouchers (a $20 value per person), they also sent up a bottle of wine with a cheese and fruit platter. I can't say enough about their customer service. Great stay!

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
3,351 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pubs near the Hilton Inn At Penn

Thanks for reporting back. It's great to hear that you liked the hotel and restaurants.

7. Re: Pubs near the Hilton Inn At Penn

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 July 2015, 05:15