We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

Grapevine, Texas
Level Contributor
352 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

Just wondering what the average cost is for a philly cheesesteak for Jims, Genos, or Pats?

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

I was at Jim's a few weeks ago and I believe it was $6 and change - maybe 6.50. I think that is pretty average. I seriously only eat these about 2-3 a year, they are terrific and tasty, but they are super-fattening. It was well worth my money, though!

Suzanne

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia, Train Travel, Bucks County
Level Contributor
9,013 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

If you have to ask, you don't really want one :)

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

Forget the price, the real question to WHIZ or not to WHIZ! That will get you many replies.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,013 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

Whiz. Wit.

Marlton, NJ
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

$5.50 to $6.50 sounds right. Just be sure (especially if at Pat or Geno's) that you know how to order: 1 Whiz Wit 1without LOL

Don't forget what many natives consider the truly best cheesesteak...Daleassandro's (sp?) and it's only about $4.50 I think. (Roxborough)

Chadds Ford, Pa.
Level Contributor
14 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

The last time I was at Geno's a few weeks ago, my whiz wit was, I think, around $7.00. Give or take some change, this is probably what it will run you.

Bucks County...
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
9,013 posts
95 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

SharBev,

That would be one wiz widout :) If you say "without", they'll know your a rube!

Funny, in all my ## years, I never made it to D'Allesandro's, and now I'm a vegetarian, so I won't be going...

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
4,921 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

Being originally from Roxborough(Roxber), I was not going to mention D'Alesandro's. LOLOLOL Actually, it has changed hands and the original family no longer owns it. It is owned and operated by a lovely family from Ireland. LOLOLOL

Good thing I had to walk up the hills of Manayunk to come home from grade school, because I learned early on how to walk off a cheesesteak.

Another local Philly favorite....tomatoe pie....still trying to think of the name of the little family place on Umbria Street in Manayunk.

As for me, witout whiz! Have lived here all my life and never could get into orange cheese.

San Diego
Level Contributor
206 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

anyone have the street or address of Delasnadros (sp). I am leaving for Philly tomorrow and want to eat at several places and have this on my list.

Thanks

philadelphia
Level Contributor
157 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: average cost for a philly cheesesteak?

600 Wendover Street, Philadelphia, PA

It is actually on Henry Ave, but the address is Wendover. See the link below for map and directions.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=dalessandro%27s+steaks,+philadelphia,+pa&spell=1