We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Marlton, NJ
Level Contributor
176 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

Hey everyone,

I've got a challenge for you experts...my college roommate just called and told me she'd be arriving at PHL at 3:30 and has a short layover until 6:10 (she wants to be back at security by 5:30).

Not really enough time to leave the airport, especially considering rush hour potential. But, I'll have my two toddlers with me, so just sitting around and having a drink is kind of out.

Is it realistic to think we can see each other? Will parking be a nightmare and/or a fortune? I've always just picked up outside of baggage claim or driven to economy pkg and gone straight to the terminal. I don't even know what's there.

Thoughts, ideas, suggestions?

Thanks,

Shari

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
373 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

Sharbev, What about doing short term parking and you and your roomie meeting at the airport marriotts restaurant for a late lunch/ early dinner?

Philadelphia...
Destination Expert
for Philadelphia
Level Contributor
4,148 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

I like Felicia's idea. The only question is short term parking availablility, which can be very limited at certain times. If you're not talking about a holiday weekend then it should work.

Lynn

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

Felicia's idea is probably quite realistic just because you don't have a lot of time. Good luck!

Suzanne

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
4,286 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

There is a very pleasant food court and shopping area in the terminal.

Also, if you want to pick up your roommate, there's a "cell phone" lot nearby. See the airport website at http://www.phl.org/parkridelot.html

Philadelphia...
Level Contributor
2,634 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

The shops are at Terminal B&C and are only accessible if you are holding a plane ticket - at least that's my rememberence, correct me if I am wrong.

Suzanne

Main Line...
Level Contributor
86 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

I'd pick her up at the airport, and go to the Embassy Suites hotel on Bartram Ave. They have a big indoor atrium and that should be a good place to be with toddlers mid-afternoon. You won't have to worry about parking your car at the airport, and you'll have a short easy trip back to ensure your roomie doesn't miss her flight.

NJ
Level Contributor
6,572 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

Have you friend take the hotel shuttle to the hotel and meet her there at the hotel. This way you won't have to deal with trying to meet up at the airport.

kod
cherry hill
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
248 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

You do not have enough time. Philly is known for its delays. Leaving the airport is unrealistic. The only thing that can be done here is for you to use short term parking and meet her outside the security gate for an hour. Having 2 toddlers will make it very difficult for you.

9. Re: OK Philly Experts - here's a challenge re: Phila Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 August 2009, 18:21