We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"Window shopping" in Philly??

Which Philadelphia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Topic
"Window shopping" in Philly??

Hi to all.

Thinking of 5th Av. in NYC, which street in Philly would I have to visit?? Just to have a look....

Greetings,Q.

Alexandria, VA
Level Contributor
3,705 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: "Window shopping" in Philly??

For the most concentrated upscale window shopping, check out Walnut Street between 15th and 18th Streets. You find a selection of small-to-midsize high-end retailers there.

Macy's is the only large upscale department store in downtown Philadelphia. It's located on 13th and Market, just across from City Hall. For more large high-end stores, you'll have to head about 45 minutes north to King of Prussia. ( www.kingofprussia.com )

Tony

Philly
Level Contributor
114 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "Window shopping" in Philly??

Hi quilt lover! I was thinking about you today, there was a quilting show on tv while I was getting dressed this morning! In addition to what the previous poster suggested, there's also a smaller but much higher-end mini-department store at 18th and Chestnut called Boyd's (www.boydsphila.com). You might want to start at Broad street (you'll be familiar with Broad/14th by then!) and walk down Walnut to 18th/Rittenhouse Square, and then go up a block and walk the other way back over Broad to 13th. That's pretty much most of the shopping in town, including smaller shops (Ann Taylor, Gap, Banana Republic, etc.), Boyd's, the shops at Liberty Place, and ending up at Macy's!

southern Germany
Level Contributor
985 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "Window shopping" in Philly??

Thanks to both of you!

How nice, that you thourght of me, Dr Wife, while seeing the

Quilt event....

Greetings from rainy Germany,

Q.

4. Re: "Window shopping" in Philly??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 August 2009, 10:21