We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

dining during bike week

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
ny
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
dining during bike week

just discovered we will be visiting gettysburg during bike week. are there places on the outskirts of gettysburg that might not be so busy as the restaurants will be in town? i checked crazy horse which looks great. any others? no fine dining necessary.

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: dining during bike week

We dined at the Crazy Horse last Spring by chance - we were taking a drive outside of town just to look around and ended up there. It was really good - huge portions and absolutely delicious. Not cheap, but comparable to the popular "in-town" restaurants - very nice steakhouse atmosphere, and the place is really big, so getting a table shouldn't be a problem.

I do have to say, though, on the evening we stopped there, there were about 15 motorcycles in the parking lot and the bar was filled with bikers. I don't know if this is a biker hang out or not, but if you're looking to get away from crowds, this may not be the place to do it that particular weekend.

Maybe one of the locals knows more???

Pittsburgh
Level Contributor
94 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: dining during bike week

Crazy Horse is my favorite place to eat in Gettysburg. Not a Biker hang out. Most of the "Bikers" are like "Wild Hogs" not Pagans or Hell's Angels.

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: dining during bike week

Yes, I didn't mean to imply there was any disruption or noise, and I hope my post didn't come off that way - just that they were there and I wasn't sure if it was a meeting place for bikers and if it would be particularly crowded that weekend. I've got no prejudices against bikers - my 64-year-old aunt & her husband ride Harleys - and I hope no one took offense or thought my comment was derogatory.

Gettysburg
Level Contributor
7 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: dining during bike week

The best restaurants on the outskirts of Gettysburg are the Cashtown Inn, located 8 miles west of Gettysburg, and the Carriage House, located in Emmitsburg, MD, a few miles south of Gettysburg. The Crazy Horse is just okay, and there are a lot of chain restaurants in Hanover, which is just east of Gettysburg.

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
371 posts
289 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: dining during bike week

I know Bike Week will kick off with a party in Hanover at Bay City so avoid that I guess. Take a nice country drive to the Apple Bin in Biglerville. Go for breakfast. Its awesome!!! In Hanover there is La Cucina which has always been incredible every time I have been. Keep in mind Gettysburg is kind of country so our outskirts are kind of far away.

WV
Level Contributor
60 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: dining during bike week

When is Bikers week?

ny
Level Contributor
14 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: dining during bike week

july 12-15

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: dining during bike week

Unless you're really into bikes and enjoy noise 72 hours straight, I'd avoid being here next weekend. I know we're getting out of town.

9. Re: dining during bike week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 September 2009, 20:16
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg