We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween in Gettysburg

Baden, PA
Level Contributor
35 posts
65 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween in Gettysburg

My daughter and I have been to Salem, MA for the Halloween season and are considering a trip to Gettysburg this year. Has anyone gone to Gettysburg for the Halloween season and, if so, is it worthwhile? I know there are ghost walks year-round. Do they increase at Halloween? Can you recommend the ghost walks to take and those to avoid? Thank you!

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
77 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween in Gettysburg

We've gone the last four years during this time. On the weekend around Halloween expect at least 25 - 30+ people on the tour with you. Most of the tours are the same. Would NOT do the midnight in a haunted house with Ghostly images again. The Seminary Ridge tour with the Ghosts of Gettysburg was the best for me. Close second would be the late night Farnsworth House tour. Downtown is a little more peaceful and you get to go up to the attic in their B & B.

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
371 posts
311 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween in Gettysburg

We have a Halloween Parade!

North Huntingdon...
Level Contributor
37 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween in Gettysburg

I would recommend the Farnsworth House Mourning Theater. Request Dave as your storyteller and you will not be disappointed. We took both the mature tour and the regular tour. I have also heard their attic tour was great. I have not seen this one yet, but I have stayed at the Farnsworth and it is a spooky experience. I would stay away from the Ghosts of Gettysburg tours, as the one we took was just awful and not scary at all. Have fun on your trip!

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween in Gettysburg

If you don't yet have reservtions, you may want to consider the Cashtown Inn - several weeks ago, their website was advertising a Halloween event including accomodations for 2 for 2 nights, breakfast each day, a $75 dinner credit & lots of spooky activities, like meetings with psychics, ghost stories & a midnight investigation of this hisoric & supposedly haunted building. I can't recall the rates but it was a great deal - not much above the normal price for a 2-night stay.

GETTYSBURG
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Halloween in Gettysburg

I actually live in gettysburg, and there is a parade that goes on in town, the ghost tours are awesome, the ones that I recommend is Ghost of Gettysburg or the Jennie wade tour center which is called Battlefield Tour Center. Gettysburg does in fact have a lot of history to it, and if you were to just walk around the battlefield you might even find a ghost there watching your every step...

6. Re: Halloween in Gettysburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 October 2009, 04:18