We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

In-town hotel/b&b, especially Brickhouse

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
207 posts
44 reviews
Save Topic
In-town hotel/b&b, especially Brickhouse

We are going on a college tour this summer, and will include Gettysburg College. We will stay overnight in Gettysburg for one night. Don't worry about what we'll miss -- a few years ago we enjoyed a 2-day visit to see the sights!

Yesterday I spent some time looking over accommodation websites, and it looked like the Brickhouse Inn would be a good choice. I am looking for something in-town, so my son can see what his in-town options would be if he goes to the college. While the Brickhouse has some wonderful reviews on Trip Advisor, the majority are from people only posting once. This always makes me suspicious. Often friends & family post rave reviews. Anyway, what are your thoughts about this inn, and are there others you recommend? In-town is great, but we would also like it to be somewhat quiet.

Thank you for your help. I did a search of Brickhouse, and there were a few positive comments about it, but nothing recent. According to the comments, they changed ownership 2 years ago.

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: In-town hotel/b&b, especially Brickhouse

Hi ihopeihelped -

If you're looking for accommodations in-town, my first choice would be the James Gettys Hotel. Located a few doors from the Square on Chambersburg Street, it's very close to the college and within walking distance to many great shops & restaurants. It's a small boutique hotel with only 12 rooms, all of which are suites, affording you plenty of room, especially if you have a few people in your party. It's spotless, beautiful, and I've never heard so much as a peep from the other suites, though if the sound of street traffic in the morning will bother you, you may want to request accommodations in the back of the building. There's free off-street parking in the back and we always look forward to the breakfast basket of home-baked goodies & juice that's delivered to your suite each evening - with us, they never make it until morning! The staff is wonderful, and the hotel has the atmosphere of a cozy B&B, but with the extra privacy of a hotel. Check out their website for suite descriptions and availability.

Level Contributor
207 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: In-town hotel/b&b, especially Brickhouse

Thank you. I went ahead and made a reservation there. The Brickhouse sounded very nice as well, but it will be good to be close to the College.

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: In-town hotel/b&b, especially Brickhouse

I think you'll love your stay there - I've tried many of the hotels/inns in Gettysburg and the James Gettys remains my favorite.

4. Re: In-town hotel/b&b, especially Brickhouse

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 September 2009, 18:21