We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is the Farnsworth House Inn really as bad as the reviews???

Saint Clair Shores...
Level Contributor
57 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
Is the Farnsworth House Inn really as bad as the reviews???

A group of four of us are going to the Farnsworth House Inn for one night in May. I am a little scared from the reviews on trip advisor. The reason for our trip is of course the history of Gettysburg but also the ghosts. We want to be scared... I can tell the Farnsworth is creepy from the pics but our the hosts really bad? What about Breakfast? Bugs???

Did anyone have any ghostly encounters?

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
295 posts
147 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Is the Farnsworth House Inn really as bad as the reviews???

My husband and I stayed there 2 years ago and really did not have any problems. We were allowed to check in early and the man who checked us in was actually pleasant. The room was very nice. We stayed in the Sweeney room. We did not do breakfast as you are only given a short window of time to get down there to eat. (8am-830am)

Ghost tours do come through- though we stayed on a weeknight and there was not a late tour tramping through the house.

Ghosts - I never felt uneasy staying here. We put some toys out for the resident ghost Jeremy (a young boy) and one of the toys suddenly fell behind the bed. I don't know if was paranormal or it just fell but it did startle me. We did not get any evps or did we see or hear anything. My husband mentioned he felt something poke him in the back during the night.

I was there last October and it seems they are doong more and more ghost type tours. I stopped into their shop to inquire about something and waited forever to be helped. There were a lot of people waiting to sign up for these tours. Possibly they are devoting more time to this then to their guests at the inn.

Overall our experience was pleasant. The prices went up quite a bit from when we stayed and I don't know if I would pay that much now.

Poconos
Level Contributor
297 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Is the Farnsworth House Inn really as bad as the reviews???

Yep, it's that bad- and I gave it two chances.

Plainville...
Level Contributor
31 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Is the Farnsworth House Inn really as bad as the reviews???

We were extremely disappointed with the service at the Farnsworth, both at the B&B as well as the restaurant. We visit Gettysburg once or twice a year and will never patronize this place again. With so many great B&B's to choose from, I would recommend you stay somewhere else if possible.

4. Re: Is the Farnsworth House Inn really as bad as the reviews???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 October 2009, 23:20