We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Guide Recommendations and ghost tour questions

Kentucky
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Guide Recommendations and ghost tour questions

Traveling to Gettysburg June 20th arriving later in the day from Cincinnati area and satying 4-5 days. I want to tour the battlefields with my son but needed the services of a good battlefield guide does anyone have any suggestions and an idea of price?

I'm learning from these great posts thats the Farmworth tours and any of Mark Nesbitts tours are very interesting. My son would be a very happy boy if I could take him on some great ghost tours with known haunted areas.

Any good restaurants that a 14 year old would enjoy that might include a ghost tour/

Downingtown, PA
Level Contributor
420 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Guide Recommendations and ghost tour questions

We ate at the Farnsworth Tavern with 3 almost 8 year olds and it was cool. We did the Mark Nesbit's Ghost of Gettysburg Tour of Seminar Ridge, I highly recommend it.

Our guide was Randy who was very knowledgable. We really enjoyed the tour and were very glad we picked that one.

Have fun!

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Guide Recommendations and ghost tour questions

Go to the battlefield website and you can reserve a guide online. It's about $55 for two hours.

Kentucky
Level Contributor
16 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Guide Recommendations and ghost tour questions

Thanks

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Guide Recommendations and ghost tour questions

imalocal - do you have a link to that website? I tried the one on the NPS site, and they aren't set up for online guide reservations there.

Thanks!

Deer Park, Texas
Level Contributor
162 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Guide Recommendations and ghost tour questions

www.gettysburgfoundation.org

It has everything you need to know about visiting the battlefield, buying tickets online to see the film, special events, bus tours and private guide tours of the battlefield.

Ennis MT
Destination Expert
for Yellowstone National Park, Ennis
Level Contributor
2,794 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Guide Recommendations and ghost tour questions

Thank you so much.

I have recommendations for guides, but this will facilitate making the reservation.

7. Re: Guide Recommendations and ghost tour questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 December 2009, 06:19