We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gettysburg at night

PHILADELPHIA
2 posts
Save Topic
Gettysburg at night

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what to do in the evening after dinner? I'm not too keen on the idea of a ghost tour although my niece would like to do one so I guess, for her sake, I'd be open to that. Are there other tours available in the evening? Is there much happening in the center of town on a weekend evening? Thanks for any suggestions

Segway Tours of Gettysburg (SegTours, LLC)
Segway Tours, Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours
History Nerds Battlefield & Education Tours
Historical & Heritage Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Cultural Tours, Bus Tours
Victorian Carriage Company
Historical & Heritage Tours, Walking Tours, Sightseeing Tours, Horse-Drawn Carriage Tours
gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gettysburg at night

Well...it depends on your point of view. Living as I do in one of the smaller towns of Adams County, Gettysburg on a weekend night seems to be active and busy. But coming from Philadelphia, it might seem quiet and slow.

The Majestic Theatre offers nightly movies at 7. They don't post the movie showings too far in advance, but you can keep checking to find out what's playing.

http://www.gettysburgmajestic.org/home/

The Historic Church Tours seem to have ended for the summer, as have the Candlelight sessions at Christ Evangelical Church. But a ghost tour can be fun.

If you're coming on a First Friday, things will be more lively, as the shops stay open and things are more exciting.

It can be fun to just walk around, as the streets are safe and distances aren't too far.

Gettysburg
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Gettysburg at night

Some of the ghosts tours are done in taste with some history to back their "ghost stories" it depends on the tour guide you have but the can be alot of fun and informing too. I recommend the Farnsworth House, haven't had a bad tour yet!

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
300 posts
158 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gettysburg at night

My husband and I often just walk around and check out all the shops in the area as well as enjoy the battlefield in the evening. (before it closes)

We have done several ghost tours and they are fun. Ghostly Images of Gettysburg does tours in the Jennie Wade house as well as the Soldiers Museum in the eevenings. Both were a lot of fun plus you get to tour a building as well.

denver
Level Contributor
36 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gettysburg at night

Think about doing the battlefield at dusk or the evening. Check out if battlefield guides do evening tours. A lot happened there at dusk or later. Contact Mainstreet Gettysburg and see what they have in the evenings. They run historical (not ghost) tours of the town that cover the battle and the civilian experience.

5. Re: Gettysburg at night

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 March 2010, 04:17