We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

Ladera ranch, calif
Level Contributor
43 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

We are going to be in Gettysburg with our kids and want to try some good restaurants there. Any opinions?

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

We have a few chain restaurants, like Friendly's, Perkins, TGIFridays, and fast food like KFC, McDonald's, etc. There are a couple of locally-owned family restaurants, including Dunlap's, Gettysburg Family Restaurant, the Mayflower buffet (Chinese). Young children or teens?

Sellersville, PA
Level Contributor
161 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

Dunlap's in downtown Gettysburg has good food at very reasonable prices. Chains on the east side along route 30 include Hoss', which is a buffet/steak house with very reasonable prices and choices including sandwiches. Ruby Tuesday's is also located in the same area with an extensive menu, good service, and a nice salad bar.

new york
Level Contributor
19 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

hands down, we had our best meal at hickory bridge farms (not right in gettysburg - check their website. it is well worth the short ride to get there). we also liked the dobbin house cellar. we had a decent lunch at the gingerbread man as well - nothing fancy but good food.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

Hi!

I would try Pickett's Buffet, almost right across the entrance to the park. Lots of good food, all you can eat including dessert, and the price is reasonable.

Have fun!

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

If you don't mind upscale bar food, I'd try The Pub or The Gingerbread Man. Both are more relaxed atmospheres with great food, everything from sandwhiches to fish and steaks. Both have bars though, off to the side, so if that's a problem with the kids, you might want to avoid them.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

I agree with the above recommendation for Pickett's Buffet. It is close to everything, the food is very good, the price is very reasonable and you can eavesdrop on some very interesting conversations about the battle and the Civil War in general. Our family of four ate lunch there for just under $20, and there is more food than you could ever eat. We ended up going back for two more meals because we just couldn't beat the quality of food for the price.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

Thanks, Sultana!

And one of the interesting things about Pickett's Buffett is the collection they have of pictures taken during the filming of the movie "Gettysburg". It's a nice place to have a good, relaxing meal.

Take care.

Dundee, Michigan
Level Contributor
760 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

I had forgotten about the pictures, but you're right-they are cool to look at. I just know that I was really impressed with Pickett's Buffet, even though I was determined to hate it, being situated on the edge of the battlefield and possessing a somewhat cheesy name and all. You just can't beat the food for the price. After eating there, we went to Ruby Tuesday the next night and I remember wishing that we had just gone back to Pickett's instead after receiving the $60 check for food that I could have gotten at home. The next time we go to Gettysburg we will definitely be going back to Pickett's Buffet! There is obviously a reason why so many tour busses end up there!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
160 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: What are some good restaurants with well behaved children...

We have visited Gettysburg about 7 times since 1995. We always end up eating there.

Take care.