We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Weather Wondering

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Weather Wondering

I'm coming down this weekend, and am wondering about your snow. Can I safely come with just sneakers or should I be planning boots? Also wondering if you still have enough snow left to make parking on the field and around town a problem?

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Weather Wondering

Supposed to be in the 50s this weekend. Still snow piles around here and there, but not causing problems on the roads or lots. Looks like wet melty mess is the word for the weekend but I doubt snowboots would be necessary.

Elizabethtown...
Level Contributor
986 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Weather Wondering

Well, I would say that you should assume things may be slushy and muddy off of primary walkways. So, choose your footwear accordingly. I wouldn't wear snowboots, but I would probably choose my hiking boots that do well in the mud. But if you have sneakers that are comfortable and you don't mind getting crusted with mud, you'll be okay.

3. Re: Weather Wondering

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 31 August 2010, 07:16