We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you only had a 1.5 days in Gettysburg what would you do?

Collgeville, PA
Level Contributor
61 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
If you only had a 1.5 days in Gettysburg what would you do?

We will be traveling with a 6 year old and a 1 year this upcoming Memorial Day Weekend. What should we definitely try to hit? Husband is a huge history buff and is the type of person who stops and reads every sign in a museum. We have to try to focus our trip since we will only be there for 1.5 days. We definitely plan to take the kids to Boyds Bears. Anything else we just must do?

Pittsburgh, Pa.
Level Contributor
46 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: If you only had a 1.5 days in Gettysburg what would you do?

In that short amount of time, I would drop hubby off at the visitor center/museum to use up 3-4 hours...and do the kid stuff on your own...then pick him up. You can then ride around the battle field a bit.

Not a good mix to try.

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you only had a 1.5 days in Gettysburg what would you do?

Drop off the husband at the visitor's center. Take the kids into town to Explore and More. It's a houseful of kid activities from art to science.

Omaha
Level Contributor
18 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: If you only had a 1.5 days in Gettysburg what would you do?

thanks for this suggestion! my husband and my 14yo love history. My 4 year old obviously wont handle much of it. I think we will explore town while the big kids do a tour; and we'll check out this place.

4. Re: If you only had a 1.5 days in Gettysburg what would you do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2010, 05:15
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg
Recent Conversations