We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Eisenhower conference center

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Topic
Eisenhower conference center

I was wondering if anyone had stayed at the Eisenhower inn and conference center and what there thoughts on this place were. My husband are planning a week vacation to gettysburg and I was planning on staying there. Can you tell me how far away this is from downtown Gettysburg and if this is a nice place to stay? Thanks for any help that is given to me.

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Eisenhower conference center

I would suggest trying the new Hilton Garden Inn that was built last year in Gettysburg. The Eisenhower Inn is an iffy, older hotel that has changed hands several times in the past 15-20 years. The Hilton Garden Inn is only 2 and a half miles from the National Park and gets very good reviews. I would highly recommend staying at the Hilton Garden Inn and think that you'll enjoy staying there more than you would at the Eisenhower Inn and Conference Center.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Eisenhower conference center

Thanks for the advice I will do that...I just knew that the Hilton was a bit more expensive so that's why I chose the conference center.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Eisenhower conference center

Well the Hilton is booked...Do you have anymore suggestions on where we could stay that has plenty of things around that we can do without driving a long distance?

Level Contributor
62 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Eisenhower conference center

Hello TndrHrtd,

I just wrote A review on the "Holiday-Inn Battlefield" Hotel. My husband and I went to Gettysburg last weekend {Dec.10th} for one night to do some Christmas shopping at the Gettysburg Outlets.

This was my 3rd time here at this hotel, and my husbands 2nd. It is clean, and we got a great deal from an advanced purchase rate of only $60.oo. I do not know when you plan to visit, but that was a great rate especailly for the weekend and holidays.

This hotel is right in the center of everything. Little shoppes, and the "Dobbin House are all across the street, {easy walking distance}.

Now, for some advice. We drove right by the Eisenhower Inn, and I thought that they were closed down for the winter. There were no CARS, absolutely none. BUT, their big sign was lit up with "Vacancy" available. I have heard nothing but bad things about this place.

When I first visited Gettysburg I had commented To the front desk clerk at the Holiday Inn on how I almost chose the "Eisenhower Inn", and she laughed and said that they had just checked in a few couples who were not happy with their accomendations there. Just something to think about.

The Hilton , the Days Inn, Hampton Inn, and the Comfort Inn are all on Rte 30{York Rd}, and are all a few miles from everything, and you need to drive.

Let me know how your trip goes. Good luck!!

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Eisenhower conference center

The Holiday Inn is a decent place to stay and is in a very convenient location. I am sorry to hear that the Hilton Garden Inn is booked but you should be okay at the Holiday Inn.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Eisenhower conference center

I'm just getting really frustated cause I can't find a place to stay I guess...I appreciate all the help that you and others have given me though...I guess I'm just running into some bad luck with my searching adventures!! :)

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Eisenhower conference center

Have you tried the Country Inn and Suites by Carlson? It is a nice, newer hotel located off of US 15 at the outlets. I would also check out the Days Inn and Hampton Inn if you haven't already done so. There is also a nice Quality Inn west of Gettysburg that is very close to the battlefield. It is called Quality Inn at General Lee's Headquarters and it gets excellent reviews on here. Let me know if you have any luck with any of these hotels.

Level Contributor
30 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Eisenhower conference center

I have checked out everything that is listed online and they are either booked or it's something that they want 200 a night for...I wouldn't mind staying a little ways out of town or maybe somewhere in between gettysburg and Hershey as we will be visiting both places...If you have any other ideas for me don't hesitate to let me know because I don't know the area well enough to know where I can stay and what places are safe to stay at..Thanks for all your help in advance!! :)

York, PA
Level Contributor
2,519 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Eisenhower conference center

If you are looking for somewhere in between Hershey and Gettysburg, I would recommend staying in Mechanicsburg. There are several nice, affordable hotels in that area. One is a Country Inn and Suites by Carlson that just opened about a year ago. It gets very good reviews and that would be my first choice. If you are willing to spend a few more dollars, there is a Homewood Suites in Mechanicsburg that also sounds like a nice place to stay. Mechanicsburg is near Route 15, which goes to Gettysburg and is only a short distance from Hershey. It would be a good central location for your trip. Let me know if you have any other questions and I'll be glad to answer them! If not, I hope that you enjoy your trip.

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Eisenhower conference center

Have you tried the bed and breakfasts around Gettysburg? There are several...some are reviewed on this site. Sometimes rates vary by day of the week, and your overall rate will balance itself out.