We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Choice between two hotels

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
445 posts
129 reviews
Save Topic
Choice between two hotels

My husband and I will be visiting Gettysburg 2 days in May and trying to decide whether to stay at the Courtyard Marriott or the 1863 inn. We like a large room, a bar and restaurants close by. Could anyone give us a suggestion as t which is the better place to stay.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Choice between two hotels

1863 is walkable to many options, that would be your best bet. The Courtyard is newer, but located a few miles outside of town in an entertainment complex with the Wyndham, which has a bar and restaurant. There were two other restaurants outside the Courtyard, but they have closed. There is also a large movie theater in the same area. You'd have to drive into town or take the local trolley bus.

Edited: 03 March 2012, 14:39
Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Choice between two hotels

They are both very nice hotels, I've stayed in both. But for me hands down the 1863 Inn is the place. You can walk to everything in the down town. There is a bar pub right across the road. Try to get a room in the Annex of the 1863 as I think those rooms are larger then the one in the main hotel.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,778 posts
341 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Choice between two hotels

Another vote for 1863 Inn of Gettysburg, GREAT location, walkable to most anything, clean rooms/decent size. Enjoy your vacation!

4. Re: Choice between two hotels

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:41
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg
Recent Conversations