We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Subway restaurant

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
6 posts
148 reviews
Save Topic
Subway restaurant

I would like to review the Subway in Gettysburg, near the railroad tracks. I can't find a listing for it. Am I looking in the wrong place?

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Subway restaurant

Looks like they are not listed. You can add your review by following the steps listed on this link

www.tripadvisor.com/help/adding_restaurants

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
984 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Subway restaurant

It's interesting that none of the Subways are listed. Could you explain on this thread what made this Subway stand out? Now I'm curious!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
6 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Subway restaurant

I plan to add this Subway to Trip Advisor and write a more detailed review. After ordering our subs, my wife went to the restroom. It was locked and occupied (a single seat). She waited about two minutes, until a female Subway employee emerged and went behind the counter. My wife entered the rest room and discovered that the toilet had not been flushed. Had she washed her hands? It raises doubts, doesn't it?

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Subway restaurant

Did you say something to the manager on duty?? Or did you get food from that employee?? I would have asked to speak to the manager then and there. It's the law....

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
6 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Subway restaurant

There was no manager on duty. Just three women of approximately equal age and (I will be careful here) ethnic background. My wife did not mention the incident to me until later. The woman did NOT prepare our food, because she was "busy" at the time.

I contacted Subway HQ and received a reply from Mr. Patel. I am pretty sure that he reported the story that his employee gave him. However, the story does not work. He said that the employee had gone to the restroom because the toilet was plugged up and the sink was a mess. Without being graphic, let me say that there were no "solids" in the toilet and it worked just fine when my wife flushed it. The sink was spotless. His email was sent to me and a copy was sent to HQ. I hit "reply to all" and let him know that the story was untrue.

He went to the extreme by offering a free six-inch sub! I think I'll drive from Wisconsin to claim it!

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Subway restaurant

Send me that free sub!! ($2.49 special of the day)

I hear you. But honestly, what else can he do at this point.

Sorry you had that bad experience, but at least they didn't handle your food.

I'd follow the TA link and write a review.

Hope you had a good Gettysburg experience beyond the Subway.

Remember 2013 will be the 150th anniversary of the Battle.

Safe travels!

Appleton, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
6 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Subway restaurant

Mike,

Gettysburg was a great vacation destination! Our grandkids (boy 10 and girl 12) were fascinated with the history and the battlefield tour. We listened to a novel based on history about Gettysburg after we left. We all enjoyed the entire experience.

My great grandfather fought in the Civil War, but not at Gettysburg. We will be back next year.

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Subway restaurant

Glad to hear!! Honestly, next time bag the chain and hit a local place for your lunch. When in Rome....

See you next year!

9. Re: Subway restaurant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 June 2013, 22:16
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg