We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Halloween time

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
Level Contributor
97 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Halloween time

Hi everyone! I have never been to Gettysburg, and have been anticipating a visit. Does Gettysburg do thing in the month of October for Halloween? Like specific tours for Halloween or anything. I been thinking of a town to go that does a bunch of stuff for Halloween, can't.think of a town/area that has more than 1 or 2 activities going on for Halloween. Thought maybe it would be a good time to go to Gettysburg!

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Halloween time

Ghost tours are busier, other than that, not really anything special. There are Halloween attractions in nearby Spring Grove at the Haunted Mill, scary hay ride, walk throughs etc.

Binghamton, New York
Level Contributor
294 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Halloween time

We were in Gettysburg at Halloween a few years ago.

Gettysburg is beautiful in the fall but there is nothing special going on. A few of the nightly ghost tour companies had some "Halloween" type tours but that was it.

If you are looking for Halloween activities try Salem Ma. They go all out! I also heard that Tarrytown/ Sleepy Hallow NY has some activities

Laval, Canada
Level Contributor
96 posts
42 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Halloween time

If you want to do you very own ghost tour, note that the battlefield closes at 10h00pm until 10/31. Then, in november, it closes at 7h00pm which makes it hard to hunt for orbs and spooky stuff!

I, for one, will spend next halloween right on the battlefield. Probably around Pickett's Charge!

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
371 posts
299 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Halloween time

Alot of the local campgrounds do special events all weekend like trick or treating and costume parties and kareoke. Great for kids and parents if you are willing to stay in a campground. Some rent cabins and the fall is a nice time in the campgrounds! The ghost tours have been really getting busy and popular after the TV shows and all that so they may do some stuff this year too! Come visit!!

5. Re: Halloween time

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 August 2013, 06:17