We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

150th Reenactor Update ~ 8,567 +++

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Topic
150th Reenactor Update ~ 8,567 +++

Reenactor Update:

To my fellow reenactors,

I have spent the last two days in Gettysburg, both at the Gettysburg Anniversary Committee office and at the event site. I have had several planning meetings with the principal members of the GAC and the Federal /Overall Commander, General Allen Baldwin. I can’t stress enough the depth and scope of the planning and preparedness that this monumental event will have.

I also had the pleasure of having General Doug Nalls, the Confederate Cavalry Commander, join me here today. We walked the event site together and talked extensively about the cavalry’s role in the scenarios. I can assure you that our plans are to give the cavalry plenty of fighting and combined arms operations very much like we did at the 150th Antietam/Sharpsburg and Cedar Creek last year. The Willoughby Run and Seminary Ridge scenarios will give the cavalry an unprecedented opportunity to stand tall against infantry and fight the Confederate forces head on!

A quick update on numbers, the 150th Gettysburg Anniversary National Civil War Battle Reenactment has 8,567 registered reenactors. That number speaks for itself. However, registrations are still arriving daily in the mail as well as through the website. Our numbers continue to grow.

Don’t believe the hype. Don’t be fooled or led astray. While other events continue to talk about the possibility of big numbers, the 150th Gettysburg Anniversary National Civil War Battle Reenactment has the registrations in hand to deliver them!

I respectfully remain,

Brian Gesuero

General, Commanding

Provisional Army of the Confederate States

“Nous sommes la Legion”

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 150th Reenactor Update ~ 8,567 +++

New Update...8,889 Registered Reenactors for the 150 Gettysburg National Civil War Reenactment held July 4,5,6 & 7.

After sifting through entered reenactor registrations and to be entered registrations, the reenactor count is now up to 8,889! Many more registrations are expected by the end of the month!

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 150th Reenactor Update ~ 8,567 +++

Gettysburg 100th Anniversary Participants To be Honored During 150th Gettysburg National Civil War Reenactment held July 4,5,6 & 7

It is an honor and privilege for us to recognize participants from the Gettysburg 100th Battle Anniversary in 1963 at this year’s 150th Gettysburg National Reenactment. The 100th Anniversary participants will be recognized and honored on the battlefield with a 100 gun salute, and will receive a special medallion and a citation from the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. If you qualify and plan to attend the 150th Gettysburg National Reenactment please contact Joanne Sease at gac3@comcast.net or at 717-338-1525 to register.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 150th Reenactor Update ~ 8,567 +++

Majestic to offer comfort to summer visitors!

The Majestic Theater will be a welcoming oasis for visitors to Gettysburg this summer, offering air conditioning, restrooms, and charging stations for phones, the Gettysburg Borough Council's College-Community Committee learned Wednesday.

Plans also include computers where visitors will be able to access information about events related to the 150th anniversary of the Battle of Gettysburg and a short film to be screened each half-hour.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 150th Reenactor Update ~ 8,567 +++

There are 133 full size cannons registered already for the 150TH Gettysburg National Civil War Reenactment on July 4, 5, 6, & 7. Ten of them are horse drawn artillery.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 150th Reenactor Update ~ 8,567 +++

As of yesterday ( APRIL 17, 2013) there are 9,228 registered reenactors for the 150 Gettysburg National Civil War Reenactment held July 4,5,6 & 7. More registrations are coming in every day.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,765 posts
332 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 150th Reenactor Update ~ 8,567 +++

Site preparation continued this weekend for the 150th Gettysburg National Reenactment held July 4,5,6 & 7. These tasks were in addition to last weekends work and the ongoing site preparation that started well before this year!

This weekend crews cleared brush and downed trees in the Confederate and Union camps. This was just one of tasks this weekend at the site. Keep looking for updates on site preparation throughout this coming week.

7. Re: 150th Reenactor Update ~ 8,567 +++

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 May 2014, 05:17