We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions about the reenactment

Williamston...
Level Contributor
836 posts
131 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions about the reenactment

I will be attending the reenactment on Sunday, July 7th. I was wondering about what time is the living history village and the sutlers' area up and running and what time do they shut down? Are the military reenactors' camps also available for viewing? I was thinking of seeing them before the first battle of the day or after the last battle of the day. I don't think I'll have that much time to see them between the battles because I plan to go into town to visit the Gettysburg Museum of History during that period. Which brings up another question. Is there a charge for the spectator parking? And if there is, would I have to pay a second time if I left for awhile?

Hummelstown
Destination Expert
for Hershey
Level Contributor
431 posts
66 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: A few questions about the reenactment

I was wondering what time the 2 hour backup of traffic occurred. We are going on Saturday (tomorrow) and planning to arrive onsite at 8:30am

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,770 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: A few questions about the reenactment

Here's my other post about today's traffic, Friday July 5th.....

Lots & lots of foot traffic on Steinwehr & Baltimore Street, all day long till late at nite, most stores staying open late. Main roads have traffic most of the day, battlefield (self tour) roads very busy. Traffic to & from Reenactment site very heavy before & after scheduled battles (11am & 6pm) However, many people seem to be using the free shuttle busses,and even though there is a lot of traffic it is still manageable. It takes us approx 30 minutes from steinwehr street to the parking lot at the reenactment site using side streets to get to table rock road. Many people directing traffic at any major intersection to help traffic flow smoothly and to allow pedestrians to cross. Overall it is very, very crowded but not as bad as expected! A great Event running very smoothly. Everyone seems to be having a great time both reenactors & spectators! As a reenactor, this is something we will always remember and are proud to be a part of.

13. Re: A few questions about the reenactment

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 July 2014, 05:16