We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some advice for friday june 30

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Sunbury, Ohio
2 posts
Save Topic
Need some advice for friday june 30

I am planning a trip to Washington DC this weekend with my 9 yr old son and he wanted to stop in at Gettysburg on Friday for a day there. I know there is the big reenactment that weekend and was wondering just how crazy it would be there on Friday and if it would be advisable to find somewhere else to go on the way. Any help would be much appreciated.

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Need some advice for friday june 30

Since the reenactment doesn't actually start until Saturday, I think you'll be fine. Things might start gearing up on Friday night as people come into town, but I would guess the day time would be like any typical summer day in Gettysburg. Also, the reenactment takes place on a farm about 3 miles north of town and on the exact opposite side of town from where the major portions of the battle took place so that doesn't affect the majority of sites as much as one would think.

Elizabethville...
Level Contributor
199 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Need some advice for friday june 30

You shouldn't have any problem with crowds on Friday, but you should call the visitor's bureau or check with the Adam's county EMA before you arive since there's some flooding issues being dealt with here in Central PA this week (though earlier estimates indicate the flooding will not be as bad as projected).

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Need some advice for friday june 30

This morning's Gettysburg Times says the reenactment is postponed a week because of flooding. New date is July 7-9

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Need some advice for friday june 30

Flooding will not be an issue here in Adams County...at least not at this point and it has not rained now for 36 hours.

Sunbury, Ohio
2 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Need some advice for friday june 30

Thanks for all of your help and input!!! I'm sure we will have a great day there.

6. Re: Need some advice for friday june 30

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 14 August 2009, 08:19
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg
Recent Conversations