We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autumn Civil War Show

Plainville...
Level Contributor
31 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Autumn Civil War Show

I have the "official visitor's guide" that I picked up in Gettysburg last month, and it says there is an Autumn Gettysburg Civil War show with 250 tables of historical items. Says it's happening the last full weekend of October.

Does anyone know any more about this? I am having trouble finding any information online about this, and a few event calendars that I've found for Gettysburg fail to list this event. Is this like a show where you can purchase stuff or is it more like a museum show? And where is it being held?

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Autumn Civil War Show

I am pretty sure that this is an antique show that takes place twice a year. The first event happened in May and it was quite a spectical and I do remember them saying there was another one scheduled for October. Now, I personally thought half of it was junk, but as the saying goes, "one man's junk is another man's treasure." If you do come and find it not to your liking, always remember that Autumn here is beautiful and the fruit harvesting and Halloween seasons are always fun.

Gettysburg PA
Level Contributor
338 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Autumn Civil War Show

I don't think that's what s/he is talking about. Around reenactment week there is a CW show, and it's tables full of stuff to buy. They have had them other times during the year. One was at the Yingling auction house on Baltimore Pike; the other is usually at the Eisenhower Inn. I haven't seen dates yet.

PA
6 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Autumn Civil War Show

I think perhaps this event is the one held at the Eisenhower/AllStar complex. The "antique" events (May & September) that are in and around the square are not "Civil War" related, just old stuff and junk.

I went to the event at the Eisenhower a few years ago and it was a lot of books/guns/uniforms and such and they are items that can be purchased.

I would call the Eisenhower to see if they are hosting this event in October.

4. Re: Autumn Civil War Show

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 August 2009, 17:18