We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gettysburg visit

Bracebridge, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Gettysburg visit

My wife and I plan to visit Gettysburg soon and then head down to Fredericksburg and Lexington to visit some of the civil war sites. I am looking for any tips that any of you may have as far as travel, lodging, or things to see.

Thank you,

John

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gettysburg visit

James

Please don't take offense but your question provides nothing for us to give you information. Look at the to do pages here and the fabulous official websites. Read prior posts. Once you have some idea and wasn't specific info then plenty of folks who will help.

PA
Destination Expert
for Hershey, Harrisburg
Level Contributor
3,163 posts
173 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gettysburg visit

If you are staying overnight in Lexington, VA, I would recommend the Hampton Inn. Although it isn't a civil site, we also enjoyed visiting nearby Natural Bridge.

…hilton.com/en/…index.html

Mentioned in this post
Hampton Inn Gettysburg
Hampton Inn Gettysburg
861 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
1,015 posts
55 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gettysburg visit

Could you tell a little more about your trip--how many nights you plan to spend, what your interests are, and so forth. You will find Gettysburg lovely in the fall, but remember that the days around the 150th anniversary of the Gettysburg Address will be especially busy this year so plan accordingly.

www.gettysburg.travel/150/event_detail.asp…

Bracebridge, Canada
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Gettysburg visit

Thanks to everyone for your advice! We are actually in Gettysburg right now; at the Comfort Inn at Seminary Ridge, in awe to be right on the battlefield...will have a full day tomorrow. Again, thanks for your replies!

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,250 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gettysburg visit

Share any tips you discover for others.

Cleveland
Level Contributor
10,853 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gettysburg visit

James, it sounds as if you might be visiting Appomattox Court House.

If so, see post 12 in this thread.

tripadvisor.com/…47588785

7. Re: Gettysburg visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2014, 06:21