We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tipping Battlefield Tour Guide?

Wanaque, New Jersey
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Tipping Battlefield Tour Guide?

Hello. My family and I are going to be in Gettysburg in a few weeks. We've booked a battlefield tour with the ALBG, but I was wondering if it is approriate to tip? I'm sure the tour will be spectacular, but I didn't want to violate any rule or regulation. What would an appropriate tip be? Any suggestions?

Central PA
Level Contributor
3,842 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tipping Battlefield Tour Guide?

Tips are appropriate, no rules against it. 20% would be a nice tip, although as with any tip in any situation, it's your choice, based on your experience.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Destination Expert
for Atlantic City
Level Contributor
4,772 posts
336 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tipping Battlefield Tour Guide?

IMHO ~ $20.00 is a very nice tip, and the guide(s) will appreciate it!

Highland, Indiana
Level Contributor
63 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tipping Battlefield Tour Guide?

Not all guides are the same. Some put in more effort than others. As always, tip for a level of service. If you feel the experience was not a good one, tip accordingly but let them know why

4. Re: Tipping Battlefield Tour Guide?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 April 2015, 05:15