We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gettysburg or Skyline Drive/Charlottsville va

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
washington state
Level Contributor
116 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Gettysburg or Skyline Drive/Charlottsville va

Just thought I see if anyone could guess which would be a busier place over weekend of Oct 18? I can choose either for history and landscapes but just wondering which would be worse for crowds that time of year as they are both popular areas. Which one do I do on the weekend and which one on Monday?

gettysburg, pa
Destination Expert
for Gettysburg
Level Contributor
984 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gettysburg or Skyline Drive/Charlottsville va

That weekend isn't Homecoming for the college or Family Weekend, which are two of the busier fall weekends. Autumn is busy, so you'll want to make restaurant reservations or eat on the early side, but it's not unbearable. There will still be lots of quiet spots on the battlefield.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,055 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gettysburg or Skyline Drive/Charlottsville va

Not sure how to answer as areas are so different. But I don't think either would be so crowded that others will be disturbed by your additional presence.

3. Re: Gettysburg or Skyline Drive/Charlottsville va

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 May 2015, 05:17
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg
Recent Conversations