We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

B&B's in Gettysburg

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
136 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
B&B's in Gettysburg

Can anybody recommend a good one? We would like to go back to Gburg for our anniversary (we were married there) and thought it would be nice to stay at a bed and breakfast. Any recommendations would be helpful. Thanks!

Level Contributor
32 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: B&B's in Gettysburg

My husband and I like to go to Gettysburg at least once a year, we have tried several B&Bs. The Brickhouse Inn at 425 Baltimore Street has been the most comfortable and cleanest one yet. Their website is www.brickhouseinn.com please go online and look at it. The location is great, close to the battlefields and restaurants. The inn keepers are very helpful and nice. Their breakfast can't be beat and the rooms are the best. I would recommend staying in the back of the Inn though, the street noise can get annoying. The New England suite is our favorite with two rooms and a private balcony. They do get booked up fast so don't wait. Hope you enjoy your stay no matter where.

Cinchfoot

Mentioned in this post
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
Brickhouse Inn Bed & Breakfast
Brickhouse Inn Bed...
1,849 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
Baltimore
Baltimore
Maryland
New England
New England
United States
Wilkes-Barre...
Level Contributor
92 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: B&B's in Gettysburg

I can also HIGHLY recommend The Brickhouse Inn. We've stayed at a few others in the area, but the Brickhouse is definitely tops on our list. We love it there.. completely clean and cozy and the breakfasts are more than filling and delicious. They do book up fast, esp over the weekends.

Have Fun!!

Mentioned in this post
Brickhouse Inn Bed...
1,849 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
Steubenville, Ohio
Level Contributor
163 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: B&B's in Gettysburg

We stayed at the following B & B's:

June 2005, one night at the Brickhouse Inn. We stayed in the Welty House next to the Main Inn. It was on the bottom floor with its own front porch. Since we were there in June using the porch was great. Very nice room and good breakfast. Free parking in back of Inn. Convenient location but a little further from the main circle of town than the following two.

On this same June 2005 visit we spent two nights at the James Gettys Hotel. This hotel was also nice. Large rooms and very comfortable and clean. There is more privacy here than a small B & B, but a very nice historic building with a lot of history. A light breakfast is brought up the evening before (pastries, fruit). The location is much closer to the center of town than the Brickhouse Inn. If you want to walk to shops, restaurants very convenient. Free parking in back of Inn. Wonderful shop next to the Inn called Lord Nelson's Gallery. Beautiful artwork.

Our last trip to Gettysburg was at the Brafferton Inn. We really enjoyed our two night stay the week-end of Sept. 23, 2006. They also have a variety of rooms to choose from. All of these Inns have good websites for checking out room descriptions, etc. Excellent location and the breakfasts were wonderful. Municipal parking in back of Inn, pretty inexpensive and very convenient. Out of all of these three experiences, the Brafferton felt the most historic regarding decor and overall structure of building. It's very warm and inviting. Enjoyed using the main sitting room (great place to relax with a book and cup of coffee).

I would happily stay at any of the above Inn's. Hope this helps.

Mentioned in this post
Brickhouse Inn Bed...
1,849 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
James Gettys Hotel
James Gettys Hotel
404 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
Gettysburg
Gettysburg
Pennsylvania
The Brafferton Inn Bed and Breakfast
The Brafferton Inn Bed...
611 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: B&B's in Gettysburg

I've heard great things about the Brafferton Inn and the Gaslight Inn on Middle Street. Both great downtown locations!

Mentioned in this post
611 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
The Gaslight Inn Bed and Breakfast
The Gaslight Inn Bed and...
448 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
Levittown, NY
Level Contributor
363 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: B&B's in Gettysburg

I will also give you my vote for The Brickhouse Inn -- we stayed there for four nights last October and it was very clean and comfortable.

The InnKeepers - Adam and Tess are lovely also.

Stasz

Mentioned in this post
Brickhouse Inn Bed...
1,849 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
pennsylvania
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: B&B's in Gettysburg

My husband and I have stayed at the Brafferton Inn several times.The accomodations are very nice as is the parlor. Bill and Maggie are wonderful hosts. I suggest you try the Brafferton.

Mentioned in this post
611 Reviews
Gettysburg, PA
7. Re: B&B's in Gettysburg

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2009, 17:19