We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel with dog

Shaftsbury, Vermont
Level Contributor
740 posts
56 reviews
Save Topic
Travel with dog

Are there any places in the area that will let our 45 pound pooch stay with us?

Can he walk with me on the battle field?

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel with dog

Walking on the battlefield isn't a problem...though you probably better have a leash handy in case you come across other folks or a Park Ranger. Can't tell you about hotels...I'd just recommend calling around and seeing what the different policies are for each place.

Texas
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel with dog

Try this URL:

http://www.petswelcome.com/

Not only will you be able to find lodging for you and your pooch in Gettysburg but anywhere else you travel in the USA!

PA
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel with dog

If you are looking for a hotel to stay with your pooch, try America's Best Value Inn, 301 Steinwehr Ave., Gettysburg. It is located across the street from the National Park Visitors Center and includes a continental breakfast. (Poochy is not allowed in the breakfast area, but you can take a treat back him!) It's not fancy, but it is clean, well located, a good value and PET FRIENDLY! It has a small area at the rear of the property to walk your dog. My Ozzie loved it there. For reservations call 717-334-1188.

ayr
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel with dog

i'm sorry for going off subject but i'm trying to get info Thief River Falls.I read you were going there in 2005 and you asked what it was like.I'm heading there from a fairly busy city(glasgow) and i know it's small but what's the general feel of the place.I'm only visiting for a fortnight but i will be a complete stranger

usa
Level Contributor
642 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel with dog

I also travel everywhere with my dog so I understand your issues.

In Gettysburg, so far as I know, you can try the Holiday Inn Battlefield or the Holiday Inn Express, both accept pets or s says my AAA guide.

You may walk your dog anywhere on the park. You must have him on a leash at all times though. You cannot take him into the visitor center, but anywhere on the battlefield (again, if leashed) is okay.

6. Re: Travel with dog

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 August 2009, 14:22
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg
Recent Conversations