We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

July visit

Which Gettysburg hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
PA
3 posts
Save Topic
July visit

My husband and I are planning to visit this July during the re-enactment time for 2 to 3 days and need advisr on the best place to stay taking handy access to activities,eateries etc... and comfort of accommodations. Please advise and thanks.

Anderson,SC
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: July visit

Do not buy tickets ahead. We did last year and the enactment was cancelled due to the field was wet because of heavy rains the week before and we did not get our money back.

Iowa
Level Contributor
55 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: July visit

We are also visiting during the reinactment in July. I just made reservations last week, and unfortunately, all of the choice hotels are already booked. We found a room at the Travelodge (and we called a bunch). The Travelodge does not have a pool, but it does have free parking and is within walking distance to most everything. It also includes a continental breakfast. Good luck!

Gettysburg, PA
Level Contributor
195 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: July visit

Keep in mind that reenactment weekend, which I believe is the weekend of July 7th and 8th, is by far the busiest weekend in town. Hotels will be full and pricier than usual and restaraunts will be packed, especially down by the visitor's center and the sight of Pickett's Charge. I would recommend booking your hotel now ASAP and would consider looking at the new Courtyard Marriott and Wyndham about 2 1/2 miles west of town if you can't find anything in town to be affordable. I think best time to be in town is Memorial Day and Remembrance Day (anniversary of Lincoln's Gettysburg Address on Nov. 19th). The crowd's are smaller but the parades and such are pretty cool. If you do attend the reenactment, perhaps buying them there is the best. But, since you live in PA, you could easily reuse them next year should they be cancelled again due to torrential rains.

4. Re: July visit

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 August 2009, 16:17
Get answers to your questions about Gettysburg
Recent Conversations